Charging speed units

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I took delivery two days ago and all going well so far, apart from one thing I can't seem to find the answer to.

I noticed on a lot of online videos when connected to a charger, people are quoting how many kW they are getting. However mine seems to quote it In miles per hour. Not that it's the end of the world, and I can do the maths, but how do you change it?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

You can’t change it, the car and app both report in mph.

The charger should give you either a current kWh rate or a total kWh for a completed session.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

scott28tt wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:50 pm You can’t change it, the car and app both report in mph.

The charger should give you either a current kWh rate or a total kWh for a completed session.
I see, maybe I was just remembering the videos incorrectly.
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

You can change it to km/h. :lol:
Math makes the world. ABC, as teslabjørn says, Always Been Calculating.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

CarterHounslow wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:18 pm I took delivery two days ago and all going well so far, apart from one thing I can't seem to find the answer to.

I noticed on a lot of online videos when connected to a charger, people are quoting how many kW they are getting. However mine seems to quote it In miles per hour. Not that it's the end of the world, and I can do the maths, but how do you change it?
Many chargers will show the speed rather than the car or app - for example Ionity chargers and Shell Recharge I think. You can work out the rate generally but no, there isn't a way to show it on the car itself in this format, only on the chargers themselves. Many newer models of charger will show the rate in kW - Instavolt do this too.