Pod Point now support scheduled charging!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

If i set it to turn on at 00.30 Saturday morning and turn off at 7.30 but put the lead in Friday night will it wait til Saturday to start?
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Have checked my pod point app snd have set up to charge tonight and hopefully works

Had our 1st edition updated to 2.1 on Wednesday and tried timed charging last night with 0430 ready time , but only reached 71% by 0600 and was charging still at a very slow rate

Have turned off as useless again (frustrated!) was hoping 2.1 would have sorted issue

But if pod point works all will be good!
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Go far with mjr

Post by Go far with mjr »

All systems go on Go and pod point app.
Charged overnight to 81%.

Will probably still use Sainsbury’s once a week free 22Kw
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:15 am If i set it to turn on at 00.30 Saturday morning and turn off at 7.30 but put the lead in Friday night will it wait til Saturday to start?

Yes, that's the whole point ;-)
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Go far with mjr wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:14 am All systems go on Go and pod point app.
Charged overnight to 81%.

Will probably still use Sainsbury’s once a week free 22Kw
Free 11kw (won't charge over 11kw as this is the max AC rate)
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Hoppy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:47 am Have checked my pod point app snd have set up to charge tonight and hopefully works

Had our 1st edition updated to 2.1 on Wednesday and tried timed charging last night with 0430 ready time , but only reached 71% by 0600 and was charging still at a very slow rate

Have turned off as useless again (frustrated!) was hoping 2.1 would have sorted issue

But if pod point works all will be good!
See other thread on this. We're all running 2.1. I've tried four times and I worked once, other times its running around 33% speed.

I've just successfully tested this. I only needed 10%, just wanted to try it out. Plugged it in at 9am this morning and said to charge from 11 to 12. Reached 80% as expected around 11.45.
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Worked perfectly last night !

Can make max use of octopus go now !
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Derry

Post by Derry »

Tried using the new podpoint app. As instructed I turned off the on board charging schedule but car started to charge as soon as I plugged in the podpoint.
Have I missed something?
Deleted User 192

Derry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 pm Tried using the new podpoint app. As instructed I turned off the on board charging schedule but car started to charge as soon as I plugged in the podpoint.
Have I missed something?

Presumably you had already set a schedule in the PodPoint app before plugging in?

And how do you know it charged? (I checked the display for my smart meter)
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Derry wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 pm Tried using the new podpoint app. As instructed I turned off the on board charging schedule but car started to charge as soon as I plugged in the podpoint.
Have I missed something?
I think (and I haven't fully tested this) that you need to make sure you do it a reasonable amount of time in advance. I.e. don't set it five minutes before and then plug in. I tried this and did the same thing. When I set it for two hours in the future it worked fine.

It would be interesting to know how long in advance you need to do it.
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

I've tried 3 times to use the pod point app scheduler, and it's failed to start charging on all 3.

I've set the scheduler up and saved it before plugging the cable in. Got a green light on pp. Cancelled delayed charge on the ID3.

Have reported it to pod point yesterday, awaiting reply.
Back to ID3 charging app again ! But that's unreliable as well !
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Just set my charger to charge from 0030 to 0730 Thursday, plugged it in and it started charging straight away can't understand it all settings appear correct. Anyone got any ideas
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
Deleted User 192

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:40 pm Just set my charger to charge from 0030 to 0730 Thursday, plugged it in and it started charging straight away can't understand it all settings appear correct. Anyone got any ideas

Because it's currently Wednesday ;-)

If you had also set a schedule for today 0030 to 0730 then it would know not to start when you plugged it in.

It seems to work on a day by day basis - plug in on a day with no schedule and it starts straight away, plug in on a day with a schedule and it adheres to the schedule.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Thanks will set a schedule for every day and see if it works , not really clear in the instructions
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Used it this morning and it ignored the cars 80% cut off point and charged to 100% ,looks like it's a calculator job for me in future to set the hours of charge needed
Deleted User 192

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:25 am Used it this morning and it ignored the cars 80% cut off point and charged to 100% ,looks like it's a calculator job for me in future to set the hours of charge needed

I believe it is the car which controls this, if so it seems it didn’t tell the charge point to stop.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Yes that's what i thought , just one more thing that doesn't work properly
JonS

Post by JonS »

Hello everyone. Not an ID3 owner yet but test drive booked next week and seriously considering it. I’ve a newbie question prompted by this thread....

My question regarding charging is regardless of whether the PodPoint app works, is it possible to programme charging from the car so that it (a) takes advantage of cheap tariffs and (b) stops charging at 80%.

It would seem odd if this wasn’t possible - something the Korean cars have offered for years without issue. I’m slightly concerned about the number of glitches I’m reading about......

Cheers,

Jon
Deleted User 192

JonS wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:03 am My question regarding charging is regardless of whether the PodPoint app works, is it possible to programme charging from the car so that it (a) takes advantage of cheap tariffs and (b) stops charging at 80%.

Theoretically, yes.

But it doesn’t work reliably, often under-charging so the level doesn’t reach 80% in time even though it would have done if you had just plugged the car in manually.
Derry

Post by Derry »

Tried the podpoint scheduling and it worked! Much simpler than the onboard VW system.
If you havea lockable podpoint you need to unlock it before you activate the schedule.
I am considering getting solar panels has any one any experience of charging using solar?