1 month and counting

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jono

Post by Jono »

Well, after the module, required to fix the update problem, being ordered on the 8th Match, it’s still not arrived.

Ordered on the 8th
Promised for the 31st
Cancelled by VW, pending attempted fix
Fix didn’t work
Order reinstated by VW
Promised for yesterday (7th)
Didn’t arrive

I’ve tweeted my experience to VW UK - quite enjoying Twitter, VW seem to respond amazingly fast - about 1hr instead of the 3 days plus for the executive office or UK support.

CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Jono wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:45 am Well, after the module, required to fix the update problem, being ordered on the 8th Match, it’s still not arrived.

Ordered on the 8th
Promised for the 31st
Fix didn’t work
Order reinstated by VW
Promised for yesterday (7th)
Didn’t arrive

I’ve tweeted my experience to VW UK - quite enjoying Twitter, VW seem to respond amazingly fast - about 1hr instead of the 3 days plus for the executive office or UK support.
I find this with most companies, if you put it out there for the world to read they reply quite quickly!
Jono

Post by Jono »

It’s a real indictment of VW, that you need to resort to social media to get any sensible action.

Since logging my original call with customer services (weeks ago), I’ve had one interaction - I called them.

Since escalating to the executive office (a week ago), I’ve had one cut and paste email - no further response to the follow up I sent 2 days ago

Since tweeting yesterday afternoon, I’ve had 3 tweeted responses and 2 direct messages + a clear agreed escalation. I think it speaks for itself which method seems to work

They are aware I’ll be tweeting daily updates / lack of and they have assured me they will monitor things.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Jono wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:45 am Well, after the module, required to fix the update problem, being ordered on the 8th Match, it’s still not arrived.

Ordered on the 8th
Promised for the 31st
Fix didn’t work
Seriously? What idiot thought it was a good idea to cancel whilst they attempt a half arsed fix, it's not as if they aren't going through these modules at a rate. I find it hard to take in the experience you have had to go through. I think had I been reading this prior to ordering I would be in a different car now. :(
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Jono wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:02 am It’s a real indictment of VW, that you need to resort to social media to get any sensible action.

Since logging my original call with customer services (weeks ago), I’ve had one interaction - I called them.

Since escalating to the executive office (a week ago), I’ve had one cut and paste email - no further response to the follow up I sent 2 days ago

Since tweeting yesterday afternoon, I’ve had 3 tweeted responses and 2 direct messages + a clear agreed escalation. I think it speaks for itself which method seems to work

They are aware I’ll be tweeting daily updates / lack of and they have assured me they will monitor things.
What's your Twitter ID, so I can follow your updates.

My experience with customer services is different to yours, but not satisfactory. I get lots of replies from VW, but they don't really help, last couple below - basically VW told me dealer had got new information needed to solve ID.3 problem, dealer confused, then said they had been sent information for a procedure which had already been tried unsuccessfully on my ID.3, each email response from VW takes days and has no real information on it, am occasionally phoned with detailed information, which when quoted by me in email reply I am told I have misunderstood (a quoted date was not as I understood the date to provide the fix but the date to tell me when a date to provide a fix would be available), no use phoning as customer service work from a call list, so best you can do is book a time to call and really I prefer to do things by email as less room for misunderstanding:

customerservices@volkswagen.co.uk
7/4/21 15:51
to me,
Re: Volkswagen ID.3
Dear ........,
I have further spoken with your dealer and provided some additional information from our technical team. I am hopeful that this information will help the retailer overcome the issue they have had attempting to carry out the 97ET campaign.
With regards to reporting an unsafe incident, we would require a diagnosis on the vehicle to try to understand why this happened and potentially liaise with technical. Please can you confirm if you had experienced the issue with your vehicle or the courtesy vehicle?
Kind regards
YYYY XXXX
Customer Relations Manager, Volkswagen Customer Services Centre
T 0800 083 3914, E customerservices@volkswagen.co.uk, Internet: www.volkswagen.co.uk

8/4/21 - 10:30
to customerservices
Dear Mr Atwal,
I have just spoken to the dealer briefly and they were unaware of the extra information, please could you confirm this information has been supplied and what it was.
I also discussed the safety issue with the demonstrator I have on loan that I detailed in my previous email (while reversing on one occasion on switching to drive the car continued to reverse) and they will carry out diagnostics tests when I return the vehicle.
Best wishes, Simon

8/4/21 - 15:27
to executive.office, customerservices,
Dear Mr xxxx,
I am very disappointed that VW are not providing effective support to my dealer to solve the issues with my vehicle.
I understand you were emailed by return by my dealer to say that the information you supplied them had already been tried on my vehicle without success and will have been communicated as such to VW Technical. Hence their being unaware of any extra information as there hadn't been any just information they already had.
I can only repeat what I wrote in my email of 6th April, to which I received no answer and ask once again for an reply:
"While I feel I have shown considerable patience with VW having been sold a vehicle in December which is still not functioning as advertised, I am sure you can understand how disappointed I feel at my experience of being a VW customer and my current experience is only reinforcing that disappointment.
I look forward to hearing what VW are doing to expedite me being reunited with my ID.3.
If not why I should not be looking at rejecting the car and receiving full reimbursement of our costs."
Best wishes, Simon
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Jono

Post by Jono »

For anyone interested - my Twitter ID

Jonatha59488616
Jono

Post by Jono »

Interestingly after my various tweets - the elusive part has just been delivered to my dealer - they are going t fit and then re-try the update

I’m wondering what other parts may be needed - I’m sure there will be something - after all, it’s only been 31 days so far, can’t possibly be fixed so quickly
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Jono wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:59 am Interestingly after my various tweets - the elusive part has just been delivered to my dealer - they are going t fit and then re-try the update

I’m wondering what other parts may be needed - I’m sure there will be something - after all, it’s only been 31 days so far, can’t possibly be fixed so quickly
Yes, hope it will be fixed soon, fingers crossed.

My latest reply from customer service:
"Dear...., Thank you for your email.
We at customer services are not technically trained, which is why I look to liaise with relevant departments in order to reach a resolution regarding your vehicle. I am aware that the additional information I had provided to the dealer was something they have already attempted and followed. However, this did not fix the issue, I have been advised that they are further speaking with technical for guidance and I am trying to find a resolution in the mean time to reunite you with your vehicle.
I apologise for then length of time this has taken so far but please be rest assured we are trying to resolve this for you. Kind regards, ...."

So VW tell dealer what the dealer already knows, have tried and has failed.

I don't know what a suitable response is to this level of customer service.

Why are customer service the part of VW that are getting the dealer the technical information, when as they say they are not technical?

Each email comes back from VW without the email of mine to which is replying and isn't even part of the same thread, so makes it a real pain to follow the conversation.

I guess I should have tweeted day one and avoided customer service entirely.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve had no response since from customer services since my last mail to them on Tuesday. I do however, continue to get fast responses via Twitter.

I can’t say that my tweeting made any difference, but the allusive part, finally arrived today (only took 31 days). Dealer has fitted, but from the update I had at about 17:30, the car still has problems. I don’t think the dealer is getting much support from VW in terms of technical advise.

To date :
Update failed
Fix failed
Code failed
Module fitted, problem still not resolved.

I really find VW’s lack of urgency incredible - this is a brand new car from the factory, it’s never even made it to a UK road.

Won’t get any further updates until Monday and that assumes the technician doesn’t end up in therapy over the weekend
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Sorry to hear your is still not close to being fixed.

I also don't understand the total lack of urgency, as you say you haven't even got your car, so you would think they might be concerned about your walking away.

I my case I realise now collecting a car on 23rd December is not good timing, as 2 weeks delay in responding to my first issues was sort of blamed on Christmas, then 2 weeks to get authorisation to carry out the warranty work, then 2 weeks with garage.

I still don't understand why parts need to take so long, ok I know about logistic just in time manufacture, but it does suggest VW values their productivity over their customers which is just wrong.

Getting information of a technical nature specific to my vehicle from VW would help, at least I might understand what was going on, the dealer's technician explains as far as it goes, but as it is blocked by VW's IT systems with no message other than contact VW Technical as I understand it.
Jono

Post by Jono »

Well, as it’s Saturday, no dealer updates expected. I haven’t however let up on my tweeting to VW. I sent my latest tweet, covering yesterday’s activity and had a response in less than 30 minutes. Seems that everything is being added to the case log (as well as being viewable publicly), I wonder how long it will be until someone in marketing gets very cross.
Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve had a few more updates - from VW Twitter, not customer services - we seem to be getting on quite well.

My latest tweet seems to amuse them, hopefully it will piss someone higher up off.

Thanks, I think you must work for the only part of VW that responds to customers LOL. For ref, I will be tweeting a daily update or story, until someone actually takes ownership and gets things resolved - I’ve got a few crackers lined up.
digital

Post by digital »

I've found your Twitter conversation. You certainly seem to have got VW's attention!
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Jono

Post by Jono »

Watch this space - there’s some juicy stuff to come - probably Monday morning
Jono

Post by Jono »

Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve just had a call to say my new ID3 is fixed (only look 34 days). They’ve tested most things I could think of (keyless entry etc) and all seems well. In view of how long this has taken + the fact it’s probably filthy after lying around so long, they are going to hold onto it until Thursday, run further test + ensure it’s clean.

Not sure if all my tweeting did any good, but as it was still not fixed after a new module on Friday, I can only assume VW got involved over the weekend or this morning.

I’m still in shock
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Jono wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 pm Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve just had a call to say my new ID3 is fixed (only look 34 days). They’ve tested most things I could think of (keyless entry etc) and all seems well. In view of how long this has taken + the fact it’s probably filthy after lying around so long, they are going to hold onto it until Thursday, run further test + ensure it’s clean.

Not sure if all my tweeting did any good, but as it was still not fixed after a new module on Friday, I can only assume VW got involved over the weekend or this morning.

I’m still in shock
Great its fixed, hope the saga fades over time.

Call form my dealer today, they don't know why my car won't take the recall 2.1 software they don't know why, they have tried 3 times and basically the VW computer system says it can't be attempted again.

So back with VW factory in a queue awaiting instructions as to what to do next. No estimate as to when they will know what to do next.

15 days and counting for this stay at the dealer.
Jono

Post by Jono »

It is all very odd.

Some sail through
Some work on 2nd or 3rd attempt
Some work after the software fix
Others need a security token
Then there’s the ones that need a new module

Mine had all of the above, but still had problems, no idea what the final fix entailed - perhaps it’s actually a new car, they certainly had time to get one.

Good luck with yours
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Have you ever had one of those office printers that knows when you need to print something important and urgently and it decides that today "Im not going to print" Murphy's Law.
Maybe we should rename Murphys Law to Jono's Law for the ID3 Forum.
Im sure all this will be behind you soon and you can enjoy your car.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Harry

Post by Harry »

Our id3 has been at the garage for almost six weeks, still trying to upgrade to 2.1. Stupidly it was working perfectly on version 2.0. All very depressing.
Gosub

Post by Gosub »

I'm right behind you. The workshop has had the car for more time than I have. I know you didn't even get yours.

The car went in functioning well on 2.0 but the workshop insisted that it needed the 2.1 for future updates. So in it went...The gateway failed, the hotfix failed, the Gateway was eventually delivered last week and installed on Monday... the update is now incomplete and the workshop are waiting from guidance from VW.

I should have stayed with the Koreans for my new car. I had an Ioniq and an e-Niro before the ID.3. I never had a single problem with either of them.