1 month and counting

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jono

Post by Jono »

Well, as it’s Saturday, no dealer updates expected. I haven’t however let up on my tweeting to VW. I sent my latest tweet, covering yesterday’s activity and had a response in less than 30 minutes. Seems that everything is being added to the case log (as well as being viewable publicly), I wonder how long it will be until someone in marketing gets very cross.

Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve had a few more updates - from VW Twitter, not customer services - we seem to be getting on quite well.

My latest tweet seems to amuse them, hopefully it will piss someone higher up off.

Thanks, I think you must work for the only part of VW that responds to customers LOL. For ref, I will be tweeting a daily update or story, until someone actually takes ownership and gets things resolved - I’ve got a few crackers lined up.
digital

Post by digital »

I've found your Twitter conversation. You certainly seem to have got VW's attention!
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Jono

Post by Jono »

Watch this space - there’s some juicy stuff to come - probably Monday morning
Jono

Post by Jono »

Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve just had a call to say my new ID3 is fixed (only look 34 days). They’ve tested most things I could think of (keyless entry etc) and all seems well. In view of how long this has taken + the fact it’s probably filthy after lying around so long, they are going to hold onto it until Thursday, run further test + ensure it’s clean.

Not sure if all my tweeting did any good, but as it was still not fixed after a new module on Friday, I can only assume VW got involved over the weekend or this morning.

I’m still in shock
simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Jono wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 1:25 pm Sorry to disappoint, but I’ve just had a call to say my new ID3 is fixed (only look 34 days). They’ve tested most things I could think of (keyless entry etc) and all seems well. In view of how long this has taken + the fact it’s probably filthy after lying around so long, they are going to hold onto it until Thursday, run further test + ensure it’s clean.

Not sure if all my tweeting did any good, but as it was still not fixed after a new module on Friday, I can only assume VW got involved over the weekend or this morning.

I’m still in shock
Great its fixed, hope the saga fades over time.

Call form my dealer today, they don't know why my car won't take the recall 2.1 software they don't know why, they have tried 3 times and basically the VW computer system says it can't be attempted again.

So back with VW factory in a queue awaiting instructions as to what to do next. No estimate as to when they will know what to do next.

15 days and counting for this stay at the dealer.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire
Jono

Post by Jono »

It is all very odd.

Some sail through
Some work on 2nd or 3rd attempt
Some work after the software fix
Others need a security token
Then there’s the ones that need a new module

Mine had all of the above, but still had problems, no idea what the final fix entailed - perhaps it’s actually a new car, they certainly had time to get one.

Good luck with yours
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Have you ever had one of those office printers that knows when you need to print something important and urgently and it decides that today "Im not going to print" Murphy's Law.
Maybe we should rename Murphys Law to Jono's Law for the ID3 Forum.
Im sure all this will be behind you soon and you can enjoy your car.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Harry

Post by Harry »

Our id3 has been at the garage for almost six weeks, still trying to upgrade to 2.1. Stupidly it was working perfectly on version 2.0. All very depressing.
Gosub

Post by Gosub »

I'm right behind you. The workshop has had the car for more time than I have. I know you didn't even get yours.

The car went in functioning well on 2.0 but the workshop insisted that it needed the 2.1 for future updates. So in it went...The gateway failed, the hotfix failed, the Gateway was eventually delivered last week and installed on Monday... the update is now incomplete and the workshop are waiting from guidance from VW.

I should have stayed with the Koreans for my new car. I had an Ioniq and an e-Niro before the ID.3. I never had a single problem with either of them.