ID.4 Prepares itself for efficient charging.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I was watching Bjorn Nyland's ID.4 Artic circle test and picked up on a comment during the video that if you are using the Nav system to navigate to a charging point the ID.4 recognises these and pre conditions the battery as you arrive in order to charge at max rate. Surely a software enabled facility, has this been suggested on the ID.3?

20:45 Minutes in.
Although he adds a comment to say it doesn't prepare the battery the whole concept seems feasible.

Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

That seems a good idea. The only trouble is if the battery gets maxed out and then the charging station, when you arrive, is not working!
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The car setting the battery to optimum charging condition/temp and then not being charged shouldn't have any negative impact on the battery other than increasing your consumption slightly?

Although the more I analyse this concept the more I think 'On a long journey shouldn't the battery be at optimum already .. ' 125kW charging though.. In my dreams.. I might move to Norway
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

I noticed that on the Skoda version of this car, there is an optional heat pump specifically for the battery to keep the batteries at optimum temp. Is it a possibility that this is the feature at play here on the ID4?