Unable to load connection status

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Ay_Gee

Unable to load connection status

Post by Ay_Gee » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:36 pm

Had the update to 2.1 with no problem about 2 weeks ago. Not driven the car much since but today when I got in the infotainment screen showed "loading connection status" message for about 30 second followed by "unable to load connection status" message. The phone strength bars on top right of screen are blank, so no phone signal to the car. This remains the same irrespective of driving through known strong signal areas. Dealership have asked for the car back to Investigate. Have to use the car for urgent trips for next two weeks so a bit worried that this problem may develope into something more serious.
Had anyone else had this issue and know of a fix?

Rftici

Re: Unable to load connection status

Post by Rftici » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:19 pm

This seems to be a common issue. I have the same issue today. In my experience, it generally resolves itself within 24 hours. Hopefully it will resolve itself for you also within the day.

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:52 pm

I had the same this morning, but it was fine this afternoon and this evening.
ID.3 1st Edition - Moonstone Grey

Ay_Gee

Post by Ay_Gee » Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:41 am

Strange how this software "works"!
After two days not connecting, is now connected again this morning. Ah well, of it happens again in the next two weeks I'll still take it back for the dealership to play with.
Thanks for the replies.
On a positive note, my Zappi timed boost charge worked OK.

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:57 pm

It has a dependency on the mobile network, if there’s no signal there’s no signal.

As I mentioned above, mine was offline yesterday morning but has been back online as normal every time since then.

Jaysson

Post by Jaysson » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:30 pm

I’ve now had this for a week. The display shows no signal. After nearly a minute it gives the cannot load connection status error.

For the first 10 days or so, there’s been no problem - the car has been in on-line mode quite happily. It’s a Tour model with 2.1 software.

Connecting to home Wi-Fi had not resolved the issue and I can’t seem to get the car to reconnect.

Any ideas?

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:47 am

I too have had this issue for a few days now in my Family Edition running 2.0 and built Week 2 2021. Apart from a few minor issues which resolved themselves fairly quickly I have had good service to date.

I read somewhere about pulling fuse 19 to sort this but the fuse box diagram available in the forums for the fuse box in the glove compartment does not match what I have so I cannot successfully identify fuse 19.

I expect when I get the upgrade to 2.1 this will resolve this but that will not happen for a while.

Any ideas anyone?

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:59 am

Sparky wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:47 am
I read somewhere about pulling fuse 19 to sort this but the fuse box diagram available in the forums for the fuse box in the glove compartment does not match what I have so I cannot successfully identify fuse 19.

I expect when I get the upgrade to 2.1 this will resolve this but that will not happen for a while.

Any ideas anyone?

I found fuse 19 with no diagram, just a process of elimination from looking at the panel.

Drive somewhere else, do you get a signal on the car?

If so, it’s the network more than the car.

If it doesn’t get a signal anywhere, talk to your dealer.

Sparky

Post by Sparky » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:13 am

Thanks for your reply, it's not a cellular problem, I was wondering if when finding fuse 19 did you count across the rows or down the columns. Don't suppose you remember the value (amperage) of the fuse?

scott28tt

Post by scott28tt » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:26 am

It’s in the second column, about half-way down.