Rear Speakers

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

There's much talk (more on another forum than here) about the lack of rear speakers and the cost / hazards or retro fitting some.

I discovered today that my Samsung Galaxy S10 (Andoroid 11) is capable of connecting to multiple speakers via BT simultaneuosly. This I went and tested with devices in my house and sure enough I can broadcast spotify to two different outputs in the house.
I then started wondering about the possibility of mounting a portable sound device in the rear of the car? Depending on wallet, I was considering a Bose soundlink type device or similar.

There are a couple of options in the rear of the car to provide power and although not exactly a slick solution it could provide pretty good quality sound from the rear of the car. Volume adjustment would need to be done via phone unfirtunately but the fronts and tune selection would still be controllable from the car?

Maybe not a day to day solution but longer road trips?

Narked@50

Post by Narked@50 »

Has the ID£ radio have bluetooth? If so what about paring a set of ear buds for rear passengers
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The radio is using BT for the phone connectivity I think. (It seems to need BT and either WiFi or a USB Cable to function fully. I doubt it has the capability to connect to multiple devices but I haven't tried.
The issue I think for many owners is that Full sound with output coming from the rear, not whether rear passengers can hear.