Mirror dip when reversing

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

scott28tt wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 7:58 am Intentional as in by-design.

Even if they did mix up the R and L positions in the manual.

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 08.55.34.png
It's a generic manual, in most countries only the R side will dip as you will be parallel parking on that side. The the UK/Ireland etc you can only set it to left. I think they just forgot about us.

As per the comments on lane assist, other people have already answered this. Don't know what the problem is having it on. I live in a rural area where white lines are sketchy, it's only kicked in if I was being an idiot and not driving in the middle of the lane.

If you drive in your lane and use your indicators where you're supposed to, not an issue.

hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

If you drive in your lane and use your indicators where you're supposed to, not an issue.
Well if you're that sure, I invite you to rural West Wales, where on bendy B roads with white lines that often are barely far enough apart for a large car, it certainly is an annoyance.
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

hungerdunger wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:07 pm
Well if you're that sure, I invite you to rural West Wales, where on bendy B roads with white lines that often are barely far enough apart for a large car, it certainly is an annoyance.

Lol finally an advantage to being in poverty stricken North Wales, they can't afford to put lines on our roads.. The majority of the B roads round here are sans lines so I can't say that I have found the lane control much of an issue and when it has kicked in it seemed less aggressive than the version on my Tiguan.
id73

Post by id73 »

I live in central london and like to think I have reasonable lane discipline, however on quite a few occasions I have found it tugging away at the steering wheel pulling me towards danger rather than away from it which is always alarming and usually results in loud cursing!
Massively annoying not to be able to turn if off permanently

Another setting which the car forgets, needlessly is the selection for DAB or FM on the radio.

I want it set to FM only, that way when you issue a voice command to tune to a certain station you don’t get the dim witted response of “Did you mean....” and then it lists the DAB and FM option of the station you asked for.
This dim witted behaviour goes away when you select FM only in radio settings but defaults back to using both DAB and FM stations upon restart.

Just another example of very poorly designed software design. Really feels like the car never had any sort of useful beta testing for user software and was deployed on the market riddled with irritating bugs like this and many others