WeConnect App

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Neal Udeen

Post by Neal Udeen »

I’ve had my ID3 Business since December 2020. The App has never worked properly. The home screen constantly freezes and the AC control does not synchronise, it always generates a technical error issue. My car was updated with the most recent software by a VW dealer on 16 February and I was hoping this would resolve these issues as well as providing access to charge scheduling. Spoke with VW digital services on 18 February who told me these were known issues and would be resolved with an App service upgrade. They assured me that they would contact me when completed. 2 months later and not a word. Contacted VW Digital Services on 11April. Now being told to provide several screenshots, and other information. My concern is that this will prove to be a waste of time if the App has not been upgraded. To be clear, I simply need the app to: show the range and not keep freezing. The AC control to sync with the car and the facility to schedule the time of charging. Please just let me know if I can achieve these simple tasks because currently I’m feeling very let down by VW.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Yes you should be able to do those things, and not a lot more to be honest.

Did you report the issue to your dealer PRIOR to the February visit? I've found it best to report every issue in advance, that way it all gets logged and can be traced centrally too.

I've never had the app freeze on me, have you tried resetting (ie. wiping) your phone and re-installing the app?

Does the car show a good 4G signal on the infotainment screen when you start it at home?
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

I've figured out, that no need to uninstall. At least in Android Settings - Apps - We Connect ID - Storage - Clear Data does the same.

WeConnectID_1a.jpg

But after that, as after reinstall you should link it to your car again through infotainment to verify your ownership.
I told about departure times before SW update and got it working, but now eg. Start charging or change settings gives an error.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

kaiz wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 3:31 pm But after that, as after reinstall you should link it to your car again through infotainment to verify your ownership.
Sorry, only if you reset infotainment (car) to factory settings.
If you clear data/reinstall app only login to app is needed.

Also understood, that when I switch off locations (delayed charging) I can switch to charge through app. :)
Conclusion: delayed charging to app needed.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.