ACC speeding/breaking

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
gwr

Post by gwr »

A side question, how do you control the volume of the android maps directions? It's louder than the VW navigation and I haven't found a way of turning it down.
gwr

ID3 Tech 2.3

N Scotland

kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Haven't tried, but I guess by phone volume.
It sometimes warns me, that high volume may be bad for your hearing.
Life Pro Performance, Manganese gray, Heat pump, Tow bar, 0792 / 2.1.
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

Thought, i am smart. :oops:
Just tried out, when driving.
If waze says sth. add you increase the volume, 'Voice ctrl' volume is shown and volume changes.
Don't know, is it only, when waze/google voice is active.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

kaiz wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:18 am Then car founds out, that 110 detected and accelerates. Put it back to 103 (which is not fun, because +-10 goes simply)
Then passed truck and suddenly car 70 detected and braked in front of truck.
Guy had to thought me suicidal, did emergency breaking, sat on his horn and almost smashed me. :evil:
It never got road signs, but relied on the old map data.
Have to write VW to make it possible to switch off automatic speed change.
You can set Speed Limit Preview to off in the Assist settings. On the graphic, touch of the car in front to bring up the options.

You can also submit speed limit corrections for the maps data at https://mapcreator.here.com (account required) although I've no evidence yet that they will show up in the navigation database. I have submitted a few that I see with the 21.2 database, so hoping they will be fixed in a later update.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

roadhawk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:22 am You can set Speed Limit Preview to off in the Assist settings. On the graphic, touch of the car in front to bring up the options.
Interesting, have tried everything, but can't recall unticking this option.
Do you know, should it switch off map speed limits looking, only real life through camera?
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

I was doing 70 on the southbound M1 in Leicestershire with ACC set at 70 , it then near East Midlands airport said 40 mph detected and braked down to 40. The sat Nav said 40. There were no road works or anything . I quickly cancelled ACC , it didn't change from 40 until I took the slip road at markfield and then showed 70. ( 10 miles later )

Quite alarming being in the middle lane and braking ! Luckily it was quite and no one was following closely.

Is it a fault with the sat Nav speed limits !!!! In which case they should update it !!
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
kaiz

Post by kaiz »

roadhawk wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:22 am You can set Speed Limit Preview to off in the Assist settings. On the graphic, touch of the car in front to bring up the options.
Today did first highway trip and must say, that it is the best tip, I've got since got ID.3 :D Thanks a lot!
Now it works, as old school cruise control and won't brake or ignore my set lower speed limit.
Whizzington

Post by Whizzington »

Thanks for the tip regarding speed limit preview. I had that happen to me (70 to 40mph in ACC) and it wasn't fun!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Will have to try that also.. Every time I get near a school round here (Despite they're being no marked zones) the car slows to 20mph. One of the sites is actually closed and the site up for sale.