Long-range ID.3 options in the UK

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
TomCat

Post by TomCat »

I had a test drive of an ID.3 this morning and was very impressed, apart from the limited rear visibility.

My usage pattern is driving 110-180 miles at weekends (without good opportunities to recharge) and no access to off-street parking or home charging, so I'm interested in the long range models because I think I make the logistics work by topping up to 80% with a local 50kW charger during the week.

Does anyone know if VW are likely to offer any long range options other than the 4-seat Tour spec available in the UK? The only parts of the 4-seat Tour spec that interest me compared to the basic Life spec are the 77kWh battery and reversing camera, so the 5-seat Tour spec that's available elsewhere appeals.

Failing that, does anyone have any idea how long it will take for VW to offer other long-range options?

Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

I have asked that question, but didn't get an answer!
This situation brings us back to the 'pre-designed' packages that VW favour. I'd like to go for the bigger battery too, but not at £40k!
The Skoda Enjaq is better from this point of view, but it's an ID4 equivalent, not ID3, and therefore more expensive.
Also, of course, the heavier body lowers the range. The Skoda idea of choosing the battery size, and then adding extras as required, seems much better to me.
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
TomCat

Post by TomCat »

Raxacorico wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:02 pm I'd like to go for the bigger battery too, but not at £40k!
The Skoda Enjaq is better from this point of view, but it's an ID4 equivalent, not ID3, and therefore more expensive.
Also, of course, the heavier body lowers the range.
I agree with these points: I'm very happy with the basic concept of the ID3, don't want an SUV, and don't want to pay for extra the bells and whistles that I have no interest in.

But I guess there's probably a spreadsheet somewhere that says that enough people will order the 4-seat Tour spec because they want the additional range 🤷‍♂️