Parking for 2 weeks

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Just deciding. If we are fortunate enough to be able to holiday this year wether to leave the car for 2 weeks at the airport or arrange a minibus.
Anyone have any experience of this and any do's and dont's for leaving an ID3 that long.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Should be OK to leave it charged between 40-80%
hungerdunger

Post by hungerdunger »

That's what I'm going to do for a planned holiday in November. And if it fails to start you'll be entitled to call out VW Assistance. (Although this obviously isn't the ideal end to a holiday)
ID.3 1st Edition - Manganese Grey - purchased 15/12/20.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Thanks all. I will park up at the airport. If I set out with a full charge the journey should only take a max of 20kw out of the battery. Plenty left to be sitting with for 2 weeks even with a daily decay.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

Daveion wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 am Thanks all. I will park up at the airport. If I set out with a full charge the journey should only take a max of 20kw out of the battery. Plenty left to be sitting with for 2 weeks even with a daily decay.
I have a 12v battery booster I keep in the glove box just in case (bought as was on 0564 for 6 months, although never needed to use it). The booster is useful for other things, such as powering the tyre pump, charging devices etc. With 2.1 I should not need it as the car should look after the 12v battery.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/