Things aren’t going well with the new Max

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

WRT Simon above, it feels to me that the dealer network isn’t a network, and act as single entries into the VW machine without feedback into them.

The net result being that the collective dealer knowledge is only known by VW, so if a dealer encounters a problem for the first time, unless they are socially engaged, they will be “unaware” of problems.

Just a theory, but the experiences feel like that. For example, when I flagged a few things, shared to them via my phone, they searched “something” and remarked “oh yes, I see” whereas beforehand they had no hits.

DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Just to say we now have 3 ID.3's at our office and the latest one was the Stonewash Blue and its a lovely colour in the flesh, changes hues as the day changes, I chose the Turquoise and I am pleased with that, stands out in a crowd.
On another note does anyone else find this car (all ID. 3) attracts dirt like no other, must be the piano black roof.
Also out of the 3 cars we have mine has ran near perfect (few software glitches) but one of them has had a few faults that seemed to have been fixed by software 2.1, I think we just have to except we are early adaptors of this range and they will get most things resolved over time, I also think the VW dealer network is frantically trying to come up to speed on these models as well.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Anduain wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 pm WRT Simon above, it feels to me that the dealer network isn’t a network, and act as single entries into the VW machine without feedback into them.

The net result being that the collective dealer knowledge is only known by VW, so if a dealer encounters a problem for the first time, unless they are socially engaged, they will be “unaware” of problems.

Just a theory, but the experiences feel like that. For example, when I flagged a few things, shared to them via my phone, they searched “something” and remarked “oh yes, I see” whereas beforehand they had no hits.
It is a collection of independent franchises in the UK - no idea if there is a mechanism for them to share information with one another but I think you're right.
Jono

Post by Jono »

I beginning to think that the individual franchises don’t even share info amongst their own staff, let alone anyone else.
digital

Post by digital »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 am
Anduain wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:50 pm WRT Simon above, it feels to me that the dealer network isn’t a network, and act as single entries into the VW machine without feedback into them.

It is a collection of independent franchises in the UK - no idea if there is a mechanism for them to share information with one another but I think you're right.
From conversations with the (beyond excellent) Service Manager at our dealership, the different dealers do talk to each other and feed back to VW.

I've passed opinion on a couple of issues with the ID4 and he's confirmed I'm not alone as other dealers have had similar comments and that VW have said to look out for changes.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Jono

Post by Jono »

That’s good to know - my experience seemed to suggest everything was siloed, with complicated and time consuming links between. Obviously only based on my experiences to date