Question for Life owners re front seats

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
JonS

Post by JonS »

Hi,

Recently tested an ID 3 but have never seen one in Life spec. The car we tested had an extendable front seat squab so you could make it a little longer under your thighs. It made quite a difference. Does the Life spec also include this? If not does anyone know which models do?

Many thanks,

Jon

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I was wondering whether this post was going to be about the hideous cloth they used on the life seats. I only had a 20min test drive and didn't notice. I had this feature on my Audi A4 and never used it.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

No, the Life does not have the extendable seat squab. Only the Tour and the Max have the 'Style Plus' seats I believe.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
JonS

Post by JonS »

Thanks for the confirmation. My other half gets bad sciatica from some shorter car seats (previous Polo being a case in point) which might sadly rule out the ID3 for us as can’t stretch to the variants that have the better seats. We’ll go back to the dealer again for another sit in the car as this is the main issue that stops us from going ahead currently; really impressed otherwise.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

We have those crumb attractors , they do make longer drives more comfortable.

We’ve a Pro Max.
Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve driven ID3’s with the standard seats as well as the Style Plus. Although, apart from the front extension, they look almost identical, the Style Plus does seem more comfortable. My mum suffers from a bad back, she doesn’t need the extra extension, but commented that she found the seat much better. I suspect, it could relate to the ability to angle the base as well as lumber support.
JonS

Post by JonS »

Planning to head back to the dealer this weekend to check them out again. Interesting that I’ve never seen a Life model in the dealer even though they said they sell more of those than any other now....

Tried Kia Soul which drove well and had comfy seats but the ride was nowhere near as good as the ID3 and the looks aren’t exactly to everybody’s taste.... eC4 is another possibility - it’ll be comfortable but you have to compromise quite a lot on range....
JonS

Post by JonS »

Well decision made.

Drove the eC4 and second drive of ID3 this afternoon. The Citroën was actually quite a surprise and really rather nice; build better than I thought it would be, suspension superb as the road tests say, but interior space and packaging couldn’t rival the VW. If the other half couldn’t get on with the seats in the ID3 the eC4 would have been a serious contender.

But the ID3 won out, the standard seats were fine, it’s a nice drive and the packaging is excellent. It’s better range is an important factor too. Now to conclude negotiating the deal....