Parking Brake warning light

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Hi there,

I've had my ID3 for a week and having such a techy car is a very new experience, so I might be doing something stupid but hope you can help!

When I've parked, pressed the 'P' button and locked the vehicle, the parking brake warning light is still showing on the digital instrument cluster in front of the steering wheel. From looking at the manual I'm doing the parking procedure in the right order, and the manual says that the (p) symbol should light up in red, but I would have expected the symbol to switch off once I've locked and left the car, but it is still lit up red all the time it is parked in my drive. Is that right, or am I doing something wrong with the parking or locking up of the car?

Thanks very much!
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Gone in the house, put the keys down, left it for 5 minutes, then gone back (without moving the keys) to check?

It should go off, just not right away.
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Yes, I have tried that but the light stays on. I use a signal blocking pouch for the car key, if that makes any difference- I’m just so paranoid about the car unlocking itself!
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Mine doesn’t stay on permanently.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

My experience is the same as @scott28tt
First few days I had the car I kept creeping outside to check. I suppose I was worried about the dreaded 12v battery issue before 2.1.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.