ID 3 life pro performance fob key problems.

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Tealave13

Post by Tealave13 »

Hi all new to the site. Got my new car Thursday,that night I encountered my key fob not unlocking my car so I tried the spare and bingo, open no problem, my original fob didn’t and even today still is not working, dead.
Now come Friday afternoon same thing again with my spare , so I tried the emergency key and set the alarm of blasting for ages. Panicking I had no clue how to stop it, I read that if you put the key in the cup holder at the front it may work....incredibly it stopped the alarm and I could start the car. A few errors came up when driving off like air bag problem and wipers fault but the disappeared the next day.
My original fob is still dead, ive lost trust a bit in the car , hasn’t happened again yet but I’ve only had it 4 days.

Anyone know what the problem is and what 8 should do now?

Hope that all makes sense

Jono

Post by Jono »

I’ve also got key fob problems, had them since collecting car 2 weeks ago. Dealer has worked on car for 6 hours, but can’t uncover the problem - they work sometimes, not others, opening using the handle never works, locking with handle works about 50% of the time.

All I can suggest is speak to your dealer, hopefully yours will be simpler to fix
Tealave13

Post by Tealave13 »

Thanks Jono , surely this can’t go on.

What if it strands you somewhere ? Should I just start using the emergency key it provides just in case?
Jono

Post by Jono »

Some ID3’s seem to be problems, many others appear OK. There doesn’t seem to be any logic in which cars play up and which don’t. From what I’m being told, VW don’t seem to be treating these type is issues as priority.

My car is going in again this week, I’ll be giving them 7 days to resolve, otherwise I’ll be rejecting the car.
Tealave13

Post by Tealave13 »

Update on the key that wasn’t working, I did the same thing about putting it in the cup holder and went for a wee drive out and get a bit of free charge into the car while at Blyth beach and bingo it now works again!
Restored my confidence in it, plus I got 25% free leccy charge 😂👍
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Excellent! Enjoy your new car. I love mine.
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'm finding that these key fobs are quite indcredibly clever (compared to me). I know it's all to do with the security and the proximmity sensing between the key and various car locks.

1. I jumped out of the car a few weeks back and touched the door handle,, nothing, tried again, swore and reached into my pocket to lock with the fob.. No key? Looked into car and key was sat on drivers seat, as soon as I picked it up and it was outside the car it locked.

2. I was out walking the dog with my son.. I had gotten the dog out of the back and closed the boot, said to son who was stood by drivers door, just touch the handle it will lock, nothing.. I passed him the key (from back of car to drivers side) car locked with a touch.

3. I've also now noticed that the boot doesn't open if the driver doesn't get out of the car unless you overide with the button on the door. If you get out (with key) boot unlocks. This has been the cause until recently of a few exchanges with my wife as she has been the one trying to open ths boot..