Close the door before starting to charge!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

simonrg wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:03 pm
Kaygee wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:03 am
Anduain wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 2:04 pm Don't open the boot whilst charging or you come back from 90 minutes of shopping highly disappointed.
That's odd, I have never had that happen when I open my boot, charge always remain active.
I haven't experienced this either, just wondering it might be down to difference in trim levels / method you use to open the boot / difference in chargers.
With keyless entry I don't need to unlock the car to open the boot, I just have to use the handle on the boot to open it, the car remains locked and the boot relocks on shutting.
I guess if you have to unlock the car to access the boot, then this may unlock the charge cable too and so the charger will stop.
Certainly worth looking out for, in future I will look at the charge light to check the car is charging when I walk away, thanks.
Hi, I have the Life model, so no keyless entry. Just have to press the boot logo on the key, and never had an issue with charge stopping. Charging does stop when unlocking the doors.

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Thanks for that, that’s got to be it for me!