? 2.1 Partially Installed

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Here's a new one. Car in on Monday for 2.1, got a call from the dealership at lunch time saying it had failed. However they said the car was back to 2.0 and was driving fine just the same as when I left it in. They need a new code from VW which will take a few days so I can use the car until this code arrives and I can rebook it.

Here's the interesting bit. The car shows on the screen 2.1 is installed and Car Play is now working. The car is driving fine. From what I read about the update there is no way the full 2.1 could have been installed in the few hours the dealer had it. Partial install maybe? The car is driving well, I have Car Play so I'm not complaining but this is a new one. Have I got the first ID.3 Hybrid!

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

CarPlay was introduced in 2.0 (0783), and worked well other than the occasional audio stutter.

The first attempt at installing 2.1 (0792) failed on mine, but it was driveable so I had it back til they could try again (which was a success).

During that period between the failed attempt and the successful attempt, the software version showed as 0792 but I didn't have the digital manual in the Help area and the car wanted to install it each time I turned it on - it reported this via the number next to the globe icon and eSIM signal.

It was the ICAS1 control unit which wouldn't take the update at the first attempt - they can either get an unlock code from VW, or if that doesn't work they replace the unit.
Sparky

Post by Sparky »

Thanks Scott

This would appear to be the situation I'm in, dealer awaiting a code from VW to try again. Car is driving fine so no hurry on my part.
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Took mine in on Monday for software update 2.0 to 2.1, they have just called to say the screens will not come on and its with VW Germany at the moment.
They are hoping it will be done by Friday afternoon, I'm not so sure. :cry:
Serves me right for always wanting the latest thing.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Deleted User 192

DSB18 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:12 pm Serves me right for always wanting the latest thing.

Not at all, it's a recall and is the software version the car should always have had in the first place - hope they can get it sorted for you.
Jono

Post by Jono »

Mine took 6 weeks to fix after 2.1

Since then it’s never been right - they had it a full day a couple of weeks ago (couldn’t sort) and it’s been with them a week so far on it last visit (still there)
DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Update - Just rang because I was told it would be ready this afternoon, car still broken and to ring on Monday.
The service receptionist said I must understand these are new cars and they are reliant on guidance from Germany, think VW should have invested in a training program before they release the ID range.
Not a happy customer :evil:
Love the car but come on VW
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
Deleted User 192

They did do training, but it had to be remote due to COVID rather than the master technicians going to Milton Keynes to get some proper hands-on.