Keyless entry

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Zookster

Post by Zookster »

I think our ID3 Life is supposed to have keyless entry and self locking, but we seem to have disabled it while looking through the menus, and for the life of us can't figure out where or how to reactivate it.

Any help appreciated!

Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi
My life pro performance doesn’t have keyless entry.
If you want to change the central looking options then go to the vehicle icon select exterior and on the third page you will see a central locking icon, click on that and scroll down to door unlocking
Hope that helps
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

The Life model doesn't have the keyless entry or locking. The "Central locking system "Keyless-Go"" refers to the ability to open the car with the fob by pressing a button and then being able to start and drive off without having to out the key in a slot or press a button to 'start' the car. Confusing I know.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The 45kWh City spec and 58kWh Life spec don't include the Assistance Pack which offers this: (taken from the ID.3 brochure PDF)

Screenshot 2021-05-17 at 11.40.26.png

Zookster

Post by Zookster »

Thanks all!
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I find keyless entry so flaky on VWs, I'm quite glad I've got to blip the key to open the car. Half the time on our 2019 Polo GTI+ with keyless, the car won't open keylessly if the car has been standing a few hours, same with my nate's MK8 Golf GTI Clubsport. No keyless interceptions to worry about either (although that's no longer a problem with keys that go to sleep when left alone).
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Gr4ndp4

Post by Gr4ndp4 »

Greetings all, just got my "Tech" edition today and I'm trying to sus out the locking side of the equation. Once locked with the fob button keyless entry works well, unlocks and I just need to press the brake peddle & turn the gear selector to move off. On returning home I engage the parking brake, exit the car, close the door and touch the driver's door handle but nothing happens. I have to use the fob to lock (and rotate the wing mirrors). Am I missing something here?
Guidance appreciated I'm waiting for access to the vehicle manual as the car just registered today.
Cheers
ID.3 Tech Pro in Scale Silver with East Derry 18" wheels
Deleted User 192

You grab the handle to unlock, and press the indented part towards the rear of the handle to lock.
Gr4ndp4

Post by Gr4ndp4 »

Hi, @scott28tt, tried it but nothing happened, had use the fob again. Time for bed, tomorrow is another day.
Cheers
digital

Post by digital »

Gr4ndp4 wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 6:39 pmOn returning home I engage the parking brake, exit the car, close the door and touch the driver's door handle but nothing happens. I have to use the fob to lock (and rotate the wing mirrors). Am I missing something here?
Don't put your fingers behind the handle when you're locking the car. It's just a one finger touch on the groove on the outside of it.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Mine does not lock, it’s on the list of irritations that our dealer will handle if it next goes in for something.
Gr4ndp4

Post by Gr4ndp4 »

Hi, @digital, thanks for that, worked perfectly and makes sense.
Cheers
Jono

Post by Jono »

Mine never unlocks with handle and sometimes locks.

Dealer had it for a day a few weeks ago and couldn’t fix - they’ve got it again, had since Thu, so now 5 days. As it stands problem still not resolved.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I don't have it on my Life, but I don't miss it as you just can't rely upon it. Our 2019 Polo GTI+ has keyless entry and it's just as flaky as reported here.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

The only time mine might not work first time is when the handle and my hand are both very wet.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Like Scott, I've never had any trouble with mine except, rarely, when it's very wet. Even then it works second try.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'll add that mine also works, not that that helps. However as I have said previously the cleverness of the key can be an issue and sometimes circumstances created by myself.
Mine wouldn't lock once until I realised the key was actually still in the car not my pocket.
Also last night it would not lock but when I reached into my pocket I realised that the key although not in the RF pouch I have it attached to, was actually sitting in my pocket covered by said pouch.
and as stated previously the locking would not work when I was stood at the boot of the car with the key and I asked my son to touch the handle to lock it, I had to pass the key to him in the end.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

For the last few days I had the same keyless locking issue as Anduain and Jono. I tried the spare key and the same. Started to think 12v battery and been for a run but remains the same. Today I sat in the car and worked through the handbook, it keyless locking now works. I synced the key as shown on page 73 I.e stood outside the unlocked car and pressed unlock twice in quick succession. I then tried locking by touch but there was no change. I then locked it with the button and then opened and locked using the locking sensor, it has worked since. It's a wet day so I'm not sure if that has helped or simply a red herring.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Thanks Rob, will try that when back from a hol in Iceland (plenty iD3s and 4s here)