Keyless entry

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Mine does not lock, it’s on the list of irritations that our dealer will handle if it next goes in for something.

Gr4ndp4

Post by Gr4ndp4 »

Hi, @digital, thanks for that, worked perfectly and makes sense.
Cheers
ID.3 Tech Pro in Scale Silver with East Derry 18" wheels
Jono

Post by Jono »

Mine never unlocks with handle and sometimes locks.

Dealer had it for a day a few weeks ago and couldn’t fix - they’ve got it again, had since Thu, so now 5 days. As it stands problem still not resolved.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I don't have it on my Life, but I don't miss it as you just can't rely upon it. Our 2019 Polo GTI+ has keyless entry and it's just as flaky as reported here.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The only time mine might not work first time is when the handle and my hand are both very wet.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Like Scott, I've never had any trouble with mine except, rarely, when it's very wet. Even then it works second try.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I'll add that mine also works, not that that helps. However as I have said previously the cleverness of the key can be an issue and sometimes circumstances created by myself.
Mine wouldn't lock once until I realised the key was actually still in the car not my pocket.
Also last night it would not lock but when I reached into my pocket I realised that the key although not in the RF pouch I have it attached to, was actually sitting in my pocket covered by said pouch.
and as stated previously the locking would not work when I was stood at the boot of the car with the key and I asked my son to touch the handle to lock it, I had to pass the key to him in the end.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

For the last few days I had the same keyless locking issue as Anduain and Jono. I tried the spare key and the same. Started to think 12v battery and been for a run but remains the same. Today I sat in the car and worked through the handbook, it keyless locking now works. I synced the key as shown on page 73 I.e stood outside the unlocked car and pressed unlock twice in quick succession. I then tried locking by touch but there was no change. I then locked it with the button and then opened and locked using the locking sensor, it has worked since. It's a wet day so I'm not sure if that has helped or simply a red herring.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Thanks Rob, will try that when back from a hol in Iceland (plenty iD3s and 4s here)