Cornering light error

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
peterg

Post by peterg »

So 1500 miles on the clock and cornering light error pops up on the screen. Could it be a bulb ? Of course not says the dealer, far to old school... needs a day for diagnostics and investigation. Car is booked in but if anyone has had a similar experience ?
Thanks, Peter

simonrg

Post by simonrg »

Your ID.3 has the matrix headlights? I haven't had this pop up, and the manual isn't very helpful:
"Dynamic cornering light
In vehicles with driving profile selection, the selected driving profile can affect the swivelling motion of the lights.
A corresponding display appears in the instrument cluster if there is a dynamic cornering light fault. Go to a qualified workshop."

It seems there is very little on the ID.3 that is designed to be fixed or even diagnosed by the driver, I guess all cars are going this way, all is designed to go back to dealer.

My ID.3 spent 38 days at the dealer for the 2.1 recall, I am still in communication with VW over the remaining faults which I believe are software related, VW push things back to the dealer, so dealer requested the car for 1 day to do diagnosis, dealer now awaiting information from VW Germany so it will have been there at least another 5 days beyond the 38 after having taken 14 days to install 2.0.

I do wonder how Tesla manage such faults without a dealer network.
ID.3 Business Pro Performance + Heat Pump - 0564 (23/12/20) - 0783 (28/1/21) - 0792 (7/5/21) - 0910 (24/10/21) - 3.2 (6/7/23) - Hardware H20 - North Yorkshire