PCP price changing

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

I’ve reserved my ID3 at Arnold Clark and am expecting it to arrive at my local branch next week. I paid £99 to reserve it but I haven’t signed a PCP deal yet. Since I reserved the car they have dropped the asking price for the car on the website significantly. I wonder why I should pay the higher earlier price if I’m not contractually committed yet?

Am I right in thinking it’s worth trying to negotiate a lower price? Thanks for any thoughts.
ID.3 Life Pro, Manganese Grey

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

So your situation is that you've reserved a car they're still advertising for sale? If you've reserved it, they should've taken the advert down for starters.

Officially then it's still for sale, and for a lower price. So you're under no obligation to pay the higher price and they should honour the lower price currently being advertised, whether it be a car or a watch. That advertisement is an "offer to treat". If they have made a pricing error, they can refuse to sell it to you and readvertise at a higher price, but only after taking it off the market for a week.

You should insist on that lower price.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

Thanks. Almost - it’s not the exact same car that’s for sale, it’s just that they are offering a lower price on exactly the same model. I could cancel this one and reserve another one at the lower price (I think), losing my reservation fee but more than making up for that via the lower price, but I don’t really want to wait much longer.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Jamh2000 wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 8:21 pm Thanks. Almost - it’s not the exact same car that’s for sale, it’s just that they are offering a lower price on exactly the same model. I could cancel this one and reserve another one at the lower price (I think), losing my reservation fee but more than making up for that via the lower price, but I don’t really want to wait much longer.
Worst case you would lose that deposit, but it's only £99. If you're still buying a car from them (the other one) you shouldn't really lose that deposit, it should go against the other car.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I thought the price changes were a reflection of the government grant changes, but that deposit contributions were also changing, thus making the customer price to pay the same?
Ah89

Post by Ah89 »

If you haven’t entered the contract you are free to walk. I was in same position and saved c.£50 a month vs. the change in price even with the previous offer of £4.5k finance contribution from VW.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 18” East Derry Alloys - Heat Pump

Agile Octopus 🐙- for £50 credit use https://share.octopus.energy/cliff-elk-356
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

Thanks all - I’ve asked the dealer for the current advertised price, they’re checking with their manager so we’ll see what they say.
Jamh2000

Post by Jamh2000 »

Got £33 per month off in the end so this was well worth doing. Thanks again.