My favourite error message so far

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Coopear

Post by Coopear »

Over the last few weeks voice control has been cutting in for no particular reason. On my last journey after continuing to offer me directions to places I’ve never heard of and refusing to shut up, I have to admit my polite requests became somewhat abusive. She then came out with the immortal punchline, “There is no line 5”. And remained silent the rest of the journey.

If only I could reproduce exactly what I said :)

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I wonder if the forum software would allow you to post what you said...

I've turned off the "wake word" to stop her interfering - if I really need her I press the button on the wheel now, or even better hold the button and get Siri to kick in.
Abadgermac

Post by Abadgermac »

Does a long press activate Siri?
ID.3 1st Edition, Manganese Grey Metallic. 2.1 Software update 7 April 2021. 2.3 OTA Software update 2 August 2021. Dealer installed 2.4 update & battery 29 July 2022. 3.0 OTA update 21 December 2022. 3.2 Dealer installed October 2023.
Deleted User 192

Abadgermac wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:59 pm Does a long press activate Siri?

Yep, or the Google Assistant if using Android Auto.
mez

Post by mez »

Strange! My ID3 has a male voice! And it is indeed useless in every way. Most responses are simply the word "Sorry" which pretty much sums up the VW voice control experience. We gave up on it. Apple Siri on the other hand works flawlessly.

I keep meaning to transcribe our attempts at using VW's voice control because it is so awful it is truly comical. Like the random, sometimes German destinations it suggests..

Perhaps we can start a compendium of funny responses here?! I just tried these - maybe there are more humorous ones:

"Hello ID, navigate to Guildford town centre"
<no response>

"Hello ID, navigate to Guildford town centre"
"Telford town centre? Please name the street"

"Hello ID, navigate to Farnham town centre"
"Have a good journey" (Telford is then shown as the destination on map!)

"Hello ID turn on driver's heated seat" / "Hello ID turn on heated steering wheel" / "I am cold"
Aircon functions cannot be operated by voice control

"Hello ID What time is it?"
"Please repeat"

"hello ID How much range do I have?"
"Pardon?"

"hello ID Show me the stars"
"Sorry your vehicle does not have a sun blind"
ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900
Deleted User 192

"Hello ID turn on driver's heated seat" / "Hello ID turn on heated steering wheel" / "I am cold"
Aircon functions cannot be operated by voice control

This happens when you only have single-zone climate.

"hello ID Show me the stars"
"Sorry your vehicle does not have a sun blind"

This happens when you have no panoramic roof.
AndyMorgan

Post by AndyMorgan »

When I say "Hello ID3" she starts some soliloquy and talks over my instruction, so I have to repeat it, to which she replies with an instruction on how to use the voice control...
And so we go round in circles lol.
Any tips?
150kw Life Pro Performance, standard kit, Manganese Grey, July 2021.
Airdrie, Scotland
Deleted User 192

AndyMorgan wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:14 pm Any tips?

Yep, turn off the activation word (Settings > Voice control) and the. press the button on the steering wheel to get it listening.