1000 mile (ish) report

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Hi all,
Just completed my first 1018 miles, 36.56 hrs, 4.1 mi/kWh 🙂 over around 3 weeks. Mostly to and from work 21 miles each way on good B roads

So far very pleased with the car, good space, comfortable and performance when needed.
Parking is so easy ( no camera) and the function to dip the wing mirrors when in reverse is a genius idea, I can see the kerb so no bumps.

I only use public chargers Bp pulse and Tesco pod point. The only issue I’ve had is that my local charger (Warminster) is old and the ccs connection isn’t working so it’s a slow charge. I’ve charged 6 times ( 2 just Tesco top ups) and only paid around £12 when I used the charger in Amesbury, Warminster free to members (7.85 p/m after 3 months) I think this is a bargain and maybe cheaper than paying for a home charger.

The only areas for improvement when a second version for me would be to have a heated front window ( like Ford) and reduce the power of the heater, I leave for work at 5 and economic heating would make my day.
Next would be more colours and instead of different editions the ability to choose features you want.
I would also like to see solar roof panels.

Well that’s my report it would be good to see other 1000 mile reports and your thoughts.
Planning my first long journey to March, Cambridgeshire soon I’m really looking forward to seeing how it goes
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

5000 mile (ish) report here. Very happy with the drive, comfort and space. Acceleration is excellent, regeneration is very good and the matrix LEDs are a marvel.

I find visibility a bit off at the “A” and have to peer around it, same for my wife.

For this 5000 miles we’ve calculated we’ve spend a max of 80 pounds for “fuel” as there is an extensive network of free chargers here plus we granny charge daily with our solar panels.

Very very happy with the HUD and AR, it’s brilliant and the Beats speaker system reproduces excellent sound.

Things I’d change - needs rear aircon, and the adjustments of the front aircon could be better.

Rethink of wireless charging and rethink of the Sat Nav - it’s completely useless but I use it because the HUD is excellent and augment with Waze without routing active.

Wireless CarPlay implementation is too clever and it’s a fight between 3 phones sometimes.

The panoramic sun roof was a major mistake, the aircon cannot cope with the heat.

Very very happy with the car, the free parking everywhere is a huge bonus.