Trip computer?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Isn't it a bit odd that a car controlled by computers doesn't have a .... trip computer?

I am a newbie however - perhaps it's hidden somewhere in the menus and I haven't found it yet.

Three weeks into ownership, and really enjoying it.

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Vehicle > Data in the infotainment system.

You can also get information if you scroll the infotainment screen to the side twice.
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Thanks for that - but as far as I can see that only gives you how many miles you are doing per kWh.

What about average speed, journey time, journey distance?
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I think the screen that Scott has pointed you to does provide Journey time and Journey distance, if you're looking at the 'since start' page. I think it gives average speed too, unless my memory fails me.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Weedman

Post by Weedman »

Sorry, I haven't really made myself clear.

In my previous car - Focus ST - it had two trip computers. One I let run for lifetime figures, and the other i reset at the start of, say, a holiday, to give me total miles, mph and consumption on the holiday.

The id3 only has Since Start, Long Term, and Since Charge - nothing I can reset for a trip. Again, unless I'm missing something. I don't want to reset long term because I like to know the lifetime figures for the car.

Just seemed strange not to have that on a computer controlled car.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

Hmm. You've raised an interesting issue. I see what you mean.

The 'Long Term' figures aren't the lifetime of the car, though. Mine is showing the mileage I've done since it had its 2.1 software update. I haven't tried resetting it.

The odometer reading you see in the instrument binnacle is the lifetime of the car.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Long term info resets itself after 100 hours of driving.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
roller469

Post by roller469 »

I have the same issue I need daily miles since start resets if I leave the car for a couple of hours long term I like to leave to see my averages over time and since charge works unless I need to charge whilst I'm out I would make a note before charging but I know i would forget.
Steve_ID3

Post by Steve_ID3 »

I find 'since start' works for me. It does reset overnight but seems to hold the figures most of the day. It also has time driving, miles and average mille per HW/hr. if you say call ID and ask for tripmeter it takes you there.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Steve_ID3 wrote: Sun Sep 05, 2021 10:44 am I find 'since start' works for me. It does reset overnight but seems to hold the figures most of the day. It also has time driving, miles and average mille per HW/hr. if you say call ID and ask for tripmeter it takes you there.
It holds the info for all trips until an inactive period of more than 2 hours has elapsed. If you're hopping in and out of the car all day, you'll have a day's worth of data.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
BevTowcester

Post by BevTowcester »

There is a trip reset on the vehicle data screen.
The symbol to reset is not obvious (what it is.)
From memory just over halfway down towards right hand side.