VW ID Configuration down

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

Hi, just looking on the VW website trying to configure our replacement ID3 and the configurations are down is it the time of year for the revised model changes.?

Also I hear that in Germany they are getting a petition/legal action up and running by the customers that paid for the heat pump as they are trying to get a refund or price reduction as it does not achieve the claims VW are promoting .?

One final question.....

We have now successfully rejected our ID3 and VW have given us a full refund for our 1st Edition, wha’t sort of discount would you expect because if we we purchase another one with similar spec we will be financially worse off any ideas .

We still want another ID3 as there is nothing out there that comes as close unless you spend mega bucks and we ain’t doing that however we just don’t won’t to be taken for a ride.

Enjoy the sunshine as the ID3 does ;)

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The configurator seems to go offline whenever they make changes, no idea what the reason might be on this occasion though - play spot the difference when it comes back online.

There are rumours of the heat pump being reduced in price and a partial refund being paid to owners who added one to their car.

As for discounts, check the VW website, your local dealer, CarWow, and DriveTheDeal.

The VW page shows some: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/finance-of ... -deals/id3
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

Thanks for the reply scott28tt,

However as were a one car family we need a car ASAP and we live in the sticks and under VW rejection process they don’t allow you to have a factory build order (as they deem that the rejected car would be fixed to the required standard by the time it takes to have it built and delivered) so you have to either take one they have in stock on there network or they refund you in full ...

We tried Drive the Deal and the guy was insistent that the quickest we could get one was 17 weeks no matter what variant you went for and there’s where the problem lies.

Carwow discounts not really anything special tbh .
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

dinger19 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:12 am Hi, just looking on the VW website trying to configure our replacement ID3 and the configurations are down is it the time of year for the revised model changes.?

Also I hear that in Germany they are getting a petition/legal action up and running by the customers that paid for the heat pump as they are trying to get a refund or price reduction as it does not achieve the claims VW are promoting .?

One final question.....

We have now successfully rejected our ID3 and VW have given us a full refund for our 1st Edition, wha’t sort of discount would you expect because if we we purchase another one with similar spec we will be financially worse off any ideas .

We still want another ID3 as there is nothing out there that comes as close unless you spend mega bucks and we ain’t doing that however we just don’t won’t to be taken for a ride.

Enjoy the sunshine as the ID3 does ;)
If you want a replacement at a reasonable price, immediately available, consider the family spec. I'm picking up a Manganese Grey Family spec with 18" Derry wheels tomorrow, for the Princely sum of £28250 after grant, deposit contribution and a whopping £3750 discount out of the dealerships margin.

I don't think you'll get anywhere near that level of discount in a higher trim

Getting from Heritage group down in Gloucester. The heritage group had a number of them at that level of discount as of Tuesday, in stock and ready to go. When I confirmed mine they still had Glacier White and Stonewashed Blue left with 18" Derrys.

Look.on the heritage vw website and tge offer should still be there, or call one of them up. Smashes the DTD price.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

Wow that’s a great price, but sadly miles away from us as were in Kent.

The trouble is that the dealers been really good ,but what would they be like if there were problems with the replacement that came from a different dealer, I don’t think they would be as accommodating tbh and why should they be.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

dinger19 wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:09 pm Wow that’s a great price, but sadly miles away from us as were in Kent.

The trouble is that the dealers been really good ,but what would they be like if there were problems with the replacement that came from a different dealer, I don’t think they would be as accommodating tbh and why should they be.
Problems are sorted under warranty, by any VW dealer - VW UK pay them to fix. Only time you'd have to go back to supplying dealer is to reject it.

Miles away? I'm coming down from Newcastle to Gloucester tomorrow to pick up the new car (271 miles!) .

That's the best deal I've seen this year on an ID3, it'll be our second. Almost feel robbed paying £850 less for a life Pro Performance with Glacier White paint and alloys almost 4 weeks ago (also a great deal).

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:57 am
If you want a replacement at a reasonable price, immediately available, consider the family spec. I'm picking up a Manganese Grey Family spec with 18" Derry wheels tomorrow, for the Princely sum of £28250 after grant, deposit contribution and a whopping £3750 discount out of the dealerships margin.

I don't think you'll get anywhere near that level of discount in a higher trim

Getting from Heritage group down in Gloucester. The heritage group had a number of them at that level of discount as of Tuesday, in stock and ready to go. When I confirmed mine they still had Glacier White and Stonewashed Blue left with 18" Derrys.

Look.on the heritage vw website and tge offer should still be there, or call one of them up. Smashes the DTD price.
Aren't these Ex Demonstrators / pre-reg cars as opposed to New though? Not knocking that, but if having your name 1st in the register is important to you it might matter. I'm tempted to get a 2nd to replace my wife's Golf Estate and put the savings into a Motorhome.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Aren't these Ex Demonstrators / pre-reg cars as opposed to New though? Not knocking that, but if having your name 1st in the register is important to you it might matter. I'm tempted to get a 2nd to replace my wife's Golf Estate and put the savings into a Motorhome.
Nope. Brand spanking new, my wife will be the first registered keeper. Just seen the order form as we're trying to sort the documentation.

I think they got a load of Family spec in just after teh surprise changes to the grant in April and they had cancelled orders come into stock. However they've managed it, these Family specs that weren't eligible for the new grant now are under an RRP adjustment.

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:19 pm
Nope. Brand spanking new, my wife will be the first registered keeper. Just seen the order form as we're trying to sort the documentation.

I think they got a load of Family spec in just after teh surprise changes to the grant in April and they had cancelled orders come into stock. However they've managed it, these Family specs that weren't eligible for the new grant now are under an RRP adjustment.
Wow.. nice deal, I can only find the Ex-demo Businesses on the site and they seem expensive. Especially compared to that deal.
Jono

Post by Jono »

From what I can see, prices seem to have come down, especially on the higher models. I also noticed additional equipment on some models
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:41 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jun 03, 2021 3:19 pm

Wow.. nice deal, I can only find the Ex-demo Businesses on the site and they seem expensive. Especially compared to that deal.
Give them a ring and ask if any are left. The guy I spoke to in Gloucester branch is "Arif" (picked them as most northerly in the Heritage group- I have a 270 mile drive back to Newcastle!) - I'd be quick though. If they haven't all gone yet, they won't last long at that price!

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I’ve just put a deposit on a Life Pro (so next to bottom of the range :) ) for:

£23902 (and I got them to throw in some rubber mats and a granny charger - about £300 worth)...
That’s including the 2.5k govt grant, 1k Euro2021 test drive offer and the 1.75k PCP dealer deposit contribution. (Which means there’s basically £5250 discount on any ID3 under 35k before any haggling..)

This is with a 1-2 week delivery. Drive the deal price on the same car was £23995 - 14 week lead time.

I tried to get a better offer from a different VW dealer - and they basically said we can’t get anywhere near that, take it!

I couldn’t say no at that price - only £2k or so more than an equivalent Golf...