Tyre pressures at delivery?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Yes it uses the abs wheel rotation centre and flags up any unusual differences in rotation speed across the axle.

Some fancier systems have a sensor in the valve (in the wheel side) but not the id3 afaik.

It’s the same system in my partners 2011 polo! Guess it works..!

Busman

Post by Busman »

What amazes me looking at the comments re this topic , is have all motorists got out of the habit of checking their tyres on a regular basis.
The tyre pressures are clearly indicated on the driver's side of the ID.3.The tyre pressures varies depending on the load that is required to be carried.In my case it is 36 PSI .They should be adjusted according to the load .Six months before a tyre pressure is checked is bordering on dangerous..Old school would recommend checking tyre pressures once a month
Pro 58 Comfort package and Heatpump,Scale Silver.Delivered May 2022
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Busman wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:01 pm What amazes me looking at the comments re this topic , is have all motorists got out of the habit of checking their tyres on a regular basis.
The tyre pressures are clearly indicated on the driver's side of the ID.3.The tyre pressures varies depending on the load that is required to be carried.In my case it is 36 PSI .They should be adjusted according to the load .Six months before a tyre pressure is checked is bordering on dangerous..Old school would recommend checking tyre pressures once a month
I suspect I know some who only get the pressures checked when they get it serviced. One person I know only gets their car washed when serviced - once a year at most.
phixion

Post by phixion »

Busman wrote: Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:01 pm What amazes me looking at the comments re this topic , is have all motorists got out of the habit of checking their tyres on a regular basis.
The car has tyre pressure sensors though, if the pressure changes the car should alert you.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

phixion wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:48 pm
The car has tyre pressure sensors though, if the pressure changes the car should alert you.
Well, no it doesn't have tyre pressure sensors that's the point.
It has a system that uses the ABS sensors to monitor wheel rotation and compares it to the other wheels to see if there is a difference which would indicate a change in circumference. It has no idea what the actual pressures are, so you could inflate them all to 60psi and ithe car would happily think there was no issuie as they were all the same.
phixion

Post by phixion »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:33 am Well, no it doesn't have tyre pressure sensors that's the point.
It has a system that uses the ABS sensors to monitor wheel rotation and compares it to the other wheels to see if there is a difference which would indicate a change in circumference. It has no idea what the actual pressures are, so you could inflate them all to 60psi and ithe car would happily think there was no issuie as they were all the same.
Wouldn't it still indicate that pressure had dropped though? That's my point...

Why check every week or every month when the car can see when a change has happened.

To each their own though.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

phixion wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 2:19 pm
G43FAN wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:33 am Well, no it doesn't have tyre pressure sensors that's the point.
Wouldn't it still indicate that pressure had dropped though? That's my point...

Why check every week or every month when the car can see when a change has happened.

To each their own though.
If one is different, Yes it would show up.
Yes, if people have checked their tyre pressures on collection/delivery and set the monitor then why check?

I was just pointing out that the car does not have pressure sensors. This has come up a few times and many people believed the car to have actual sensors in the wheels..
There has also been a lot of conversation around tyre wear and over inflated tyres from delivery. Some people are clearly not checking their tyres and setting up the system, all these systems are great, but it doesn't harm to check occasionally especially between Winter and summer if your running the same tyres year round and also before laoding up and long journeys as per the sticker on the door.