What features does your ID.3 WeConnect ID app allow?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Hi folks,

just collected my Silver Pro Tech ID3 this morning. The dealer told me that only a basic set of features is available in the WeConnect Start package that comes as standard with the car. The funtions available are - Check charge level/charging progress, Start/Stop Air con and set target temperature, Set start/stop times for air con on a daily basis, Set charging upper limit and specify reduced AC charging and auto release of charging cable at end of charge, Start AC automatically when car unlocked and start automatic window and mirror heating when AC starts.

That's it. No remote start seat/steering wheel heating, no remote lock/unlock, no flash lights/horn, no location of car.

Dealer said I needed to buy a WeConnect Plus subscription for more features through the Shop icon on the infotainment system - I have no Shop icon on my infotainement system!

Contacted VW Customer Services and was told by a very pleasant lady that WeConnect Plus is not available for the ID car series.

So I am quite confused as to what exactly the WeConnect ID app can do for me.

Can you share your experiences of whether you can do any of the things my WeConnect Start package cannot do. I'm located in Ireland am am wondering if it has reduced functionality in this country.

:|
Last edited by Setanta on Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
ID.3 Pro Tech, Scale Silver

Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

That’s bogus info from your dealer, right now we all have the same features (or lack thereof)

I can’t imagine what we have now won’t improve dramatically, and I’m sure more is coming - based on hope, not info!
Setanta

Post by Setanta »

Anduain wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 5:29 pm That’s bogus info from your dealer, right now we all have the same features (or lack thereof)

I can’t imagine what we have now won’t improve dramatically, and I’m sure more is coming - based on hope, not info!
That's the impression I'm beginning to form! Can you confirm whether you have a Shop icon on your infotainment screen? Do we know if it is possible to upgrade to WeConnect Plus?
ID.3 Pro Tech, Scale Silver
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

What you’ve been told about the Shop is true for the Golf 8, but that pairs with We Connect rather than We Connect ID.

I’m hoping for feature parity between the ID.3 and Golf as regards this kind of thing, and soon 🤞
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

As Scott says, those features flare for Golf8.

To answer the “shop” question, nope not on mine.