Less than 24 hours into ownership and problems already

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
stevefletcher1978

Post by stevefletcher1978 »

Morning guys.

New ID.3 Family Pro Performance finally got delivered yesterday afternoon. Came with software 2.1 installed. Took it for a ten minute drive to football and everything was fine. Drove it back afterwards everything fine. Got in this morning and the media screen appears to be broken (assuming it's software rather than hardware), red lines and bleeding red colour all over it (photo attached). Plus, for some reason, the passenger wing mirror no longer dips when reversing. Turned the option on and off but not difference. Contacted the dealer but waiting to hear back. Anyone had this before and got any suggestions please? I've done the back to factory settings and it made no difference. Thanks a lot, Steve

id3.jpg

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Hmm - tried connecting to car play via the cable? Just to check if its a car play or the actual physical display issue...
stevefletcher1978

No it’s the whole display doing this. Just happened to be in CarPlay when I took the photo.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

One of the foibles with the mirrors seems to be that even with dip on reverse selected in the mirrors, "L" needs to be selected on the mirror adjustment switch for every journey for passenger mirror to dip on reverse.

This is the same for pretty much every car with dipping mirrors, but they generally remember they're in L with a physical switch, in the ID3 it's a toggle switch and in every ignition cycle it doesn't remember it's last setting, except if you selected folded mirrors (As I do when I squeeze past the gate posts to our drive). Next time you're out, selected L on the mirror control and reverse, it should dip.

Had a similar screen issue with the virtual cockpit screen on my Polo GTI+ - a quick software update fixed it.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
stevefletcher1978

Thanks a lot!

Dealer has suggested holding down the power button for 30 odd seconds until the system reboots and you get the VW image, to see if that fixes it. If not will need to book in with local dealer.
stevefletcher1978

On a happier note, first journey to work in it today, 45 miles, averaged 4.2 KwH. Which I believe is pretty decent? That was with aircon and stereo on for the whole journey. 50% motorway 50% a roads.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

4.2 x 58 = 243.6 miles total, so pretty close to WLTP and therefore yes, pretty decent.

The passenger mirror behaviour is as expected, this is taken from the manual: (I've corrected where the manual refers to right rather than left)

Activating the front passenger exterior mirror setting for reversing:

- Turn the rotary knob for the exterior mirrors to position L.
- Select reverse gear while the ignition is switched on. The left exterior mirror will now adjust itself to the stored position.

The front passenger exterior mirror will move out of the position saved for reversing when the vehicle is driven forwards faster than approximately 15 km/h (9 mph) or when the rotary knob is moved out of position L to another position.
stevefletcher1978

Thanks Scott.