Pre-collection checklist

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

We’re due to collect our ID.3 Saturday week, the buying experience has been fine but I don’t want to assume the sales person is completely on the ball. I’ve had the customary slew of emails with order forms, how wonderful the dealer group is, various insurance products, lifeshine etc. Not particularly interested, other than the 3 year alloy wheel insurance did seem quite good.

I’ve emailed the sales person with a checklist including ensuring the car has the latest software (2.1?), how to make payment, number plates, blah blah, but I would be grateful for any tips, maybe you’d wished something had been done prior to collection or which of the insurance products are worth having and good value? Thanks.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

My dealer (picked up two weeks ago!) had given me the heads up on the registration, free 5 day insurance you get from VW, they'd taxed it of course, charged it up to 100%. I checked the SW version (its in the settings menu). I also asked for 5-10 min to have a good look around - checking panel fit, paintwork, any trim missing, bits that look like they're not fitting right etc.. They were in a rush and did most of the reg stuff etc.. on the day/the day before but all went fine.

Load the weconnect id app on your phone so you can hook up to the car - and thats about it!
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Get the We Connect ID. app ready for pairing, so installed on your phone, with a VW account created and logged in.

Everything else I could suggest is physical - check the exterior and interior, handbook in the glove box, charging cable in the boot, toolkit under the boot floor.

I didn't bother with any of the extra products.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Try to view in sunlight. I picked up our Family that was parked in a Collection area. It was like a plush garage area, artificially lit.

I didn't see all the light bird lime scarring on the clear coat. With a 275 mile journey home I wouldn't have waited for them to sort anyway, but some people might not want to polish them out themselves. I had about 7.scars to polish out by hand when I got home (well, the following weekend) and I spotted another very faint one the other day.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
yummymummy11

Post by yummymummy11 »

Get them to run through how to plug it in for charging or maybe more importantly how to unplug it, I’m sure we’ve all had the scenario in the early days when the cable is locked in place and no matter what you do it won’t unplug 🤣 There’s an emergency release and also a sequence of buttons to press on the car buttons
yummymummy11

Post by yummymummy11 »

Also check it has its ID.3 badge on the back, I kid you not ours was missing when we collected ours, didn’t realise until we went back into the car to empty our luggage (we were having a night away), quick phone call to salesman to confirm it was a rebadged model we had purchased (it wasn’t), dealer quickly sorted it out the following week for us
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Great points, all noted, thanks very much
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
TimF

Post by TimF »

Thanks for all that - saved a copy for reference (delivery is November, so I'd be bound to forget it all by then otherwise).