Shaded area of satnav map?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Tj80

Post by Tj80 »

Hi,

New member and 3 day veteran of ID3 ownership here! :D Loving both the new world of EV ownership and the car so far (even if the fittings for the floor mats in the drivers footwell were broken and some window trim wasn't properly fitted...).

Hoping someone might know the answer to a question about the sat nav. Sometimes there are sections of the map which are shaded - almost as of they are in shadow, though all the roads etc are present and correct. I can't find anything in the manual or searching online. Sometimes the shading just disappear after a few minutes, sometimes the route actually passes through it and other times it's just nearby. Does anyone know what this is? My best guess is something to do with downloading data over the Internet connection - maybe it indicates something like an area where there's no traffic information or similar?

Many thanks,
Tim

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The nav puts in shadow anywhere that it thinks you can’t get to based on the remaining range.

It goes a bit weird by coastlines apparently.

You can turn it off in the nav settings.
Tj80

Post by Tj80 »

Interesting - as it happens we are down by the coast. If that's the case it's definitely confused as it earlier it shaded areas about 2 miles away when 75% battery!! :)

Thanks,
Tim
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Hi was wondering what all the shaded gubbins was last week when we were in Norfolk near the coast....
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

Yes, drove to the beach on 80% battery near Barcelona and it went bonkers.

As our daughter had been in charge of charging I did have a mild panic attack thinking it was accurate, but after checking the battery just a coastline bug.
JOL

Post by JOL »

Many thanks fro clarifying. This feature has confused me for months ...but it was noticeable when driving near coast!
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

The mat fittings in the drivers and passenger footwell were broken on mine also! One on each side but managed to get some mats and they seem to stay in place ok.
First edition

Share £100 with me when you sign up
share.octopus.energy/dense-crab-700
PaulB

Post by PaulB »

we had some shaded areas that appeared when we were near to an MoD test range last week in Nrthumberland , so mark out non-civilian areas. we had 70%+ battery at the time
ID3 Life Pro 58kWh '21Reg Moonstone Grey