Cost of servicing

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Hi everyone
Just about to take the plunge!
What’s the cost of servicing the Id3 for the first 3 years?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The figure I’ve heard is £170 per service, with a schedule of 2 years then every year.

So £340 at the end of 3 years.
Breggers

Post by Breggers »

I think that is correct, my dealer has also conveyed those figures to me. I have just taken delivery of mine.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

£170 sounds a lot as a standard annual service price (years 2 and onwards). All they do is "checks" and perhaps replace a pollen filter. A Nissan Leaf gets that done for £90 a service.

£170 Inc brake fluid change (at year 3 and every 2 years thereafter) sounds more likely.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:47 am £170 sounds a lot as a standard annual service price (years 2 and onwards). All they do is "checks" and perhaps replace a pollen filter. A Nissan Leaf gets that done for £90 a service.

£170 Inc brake fluid change (at year 3 and every 2 years thereafter) sounds more likely.

Until some owners get to 2 years, all we can know is what we read...

(My PCP includes 2 free services anyway, so it won't be me who finds out first)
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Will let you know cost very soon ours is approaching 16,000 rapidly

Dealer has advised service interval is 18,000 miles or 2 years

Must admit I thought it was at least 20,000
Anyone had any other information please
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete
Deleted User 192

Hoppy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 pm Will let you know cost very soon ours is approaching 16,000 rapidly

Everything I've read mentions 2 years but no talk of mileage.

What does the display on the car tell you?
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Have nothing on the display as yet and will have to go into the menu to see what it says !
2.4 update complete
Morgano

Post by Morgano »

I called Volkswagen Service department in Chelmsford (Beadles) the other week before placing my lease order to work out if a maintenance packages was worth paying for.

The service department informed me each service was £99, plus you may need a pollen filter change. The service interval quoted was every 2 years.

I couldn't find any confirmation of the service policy online with Volkswagen, but if the servicing follows what the dealership stated it seems to be good value.
Deleted User 192

Hoppy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 8:52 pm Have nothing on the display as yet and will have to go into the menu to see what it says !

That’s what I meant, it’s in the Vehicle area.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Hoppy wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 12:47 pm Will let you know cost very soon ours is approaching 16,000 rapidly

Happy to be proved wrong, but mileage is probably irrelevant for service interval on an ID3, likely to be time only. Makes sense on an ICE to give a mileage cap as engine oil deteriorates with miles and 18k miles is in line with expectations to change long life oil.
Last edited by monkeyhanger on Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Morgano wrote: Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:35 pm I called Volkswagen Service department in Chelmsford (Beadles) the other week before placing my lease order to work out if a maintenance packages was worth paying for.

The service department informed me each service was £99, plus you may need a pollen filter change. The service interval quoted was every 2 years.

I couldn't find any confirmation of the service policy online with Volkswagen, but if the servicing follows what the dealership stated it seems to be good value.
£99 sounds more like it, for what is likely to be basically a diagnostic plug in and visual inspection. Replacing a pollen filter is a 1 minute job. I'd expect to add £80 for a brake fluid change at year 3.

Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Checked service screen and 600 plus days to service (registered 1 Dec 20) and no mileage given

I think an email to vw in order as a little concerned not to invalidate warranty if not keeping to schedule! (Finding the schedule is the difficult bit!)
2.4 update complete
Neil Garner

Post by Neil Garner »

Sorry if been said but service interval is unlimited mileage every 2 years
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

Have spoken to VW and that input registration number for ours and advised servicing is ever 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever comes sooner

Like many others seems like a money gathering exercise but will need to complete to ensure warranty continuity especially given the problems we had in tge early days

As for the cost will let you know !
2.4 update complete
plug_it_in_now

Post by plug_it_in_now »

I have just booked my ID3 First Edition in Inchcape in Cheltenham and have been told the cost of the first service will be 310 pounds
johnnydisco

Post by johnnydisco »

That’s ridiculous. Does anyone know if the warranty is maintained if it goes to a non-VW battery? I’m not even sure if another garage would know how to service anything to do with the electrics so when it’s time will I even have a choice?
Handydave

Post by Handydave »

If buying a new ID3, the current cost of a service plan for the first two consecutive services is £239.
ID.3 Family 58kWh Pro Performance 204PS | Makena Turquoise | East Derry Alloys
Delivered: May 2023
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Hoppy wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:03 am Have spoken to VW and that input registration number for ours and advised servicing is ever 2 years or 20,000 miles whichever comes sooner

Like many others seems like a money gathering exercise but will need to complete to ensure warranty continuity especially given the problems we had in tge early days

As for the cost will let you know !
I was absolutely positive that the servicing on the ID3 is 2 years only, not mileage dependent.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

We've 50K (km) on ours, no service so far.