You know it's coming, don't you.....

The place to discuss everything else..
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Scratch wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:13 am As I have insomnia, I couldn't help over-thinking this.
So, you are happily driving down the motorway, at 80mph ;) , in your ID3 and unbeknown to you, are being followed by an unmarked cop car. How long will it be before that cop car can log into your ID3 and reduce your speed, or indeed, turn your ID3 off?
These cars are getting too intelligent.
I'm not seeing the drawback?

What moral/legal benefit is there to not having that?

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

sausageroll wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:46 am
Scratch wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 4:13 am As I have insomnia, I couldn't help over-thinking this.
So, you are happily driving down the motorway, at 80mph ;) , in your ID3 and unbeknown to you, are being followed by an unmarked cop car. How long will it be before that cop car can log into your ID3 and reduce your speed, or indeed, turn your ID3 off?

It was meant to be a light hearted comment!
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Scratch wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:56 pm
sausageroll wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:46 am

It was meant to be a light hearted comment!
Ah. It sounded too genuine as one of the cliches you see/hear about cars these days.

"In my day they didn't give you some flippin' light to tell you sommert were wrong wit' engine! You either lived in complete ignorance with 10mpg, or spent 12 weeks trying t'adjust t'points and gaps, even though you didn't know what you were up ta!"