Motability and Handcontrols

The place to discuss everything else..
Post Reply
DumfriesDik
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:56 am

Post by DumfriesDik » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:21 am

Reaching out to anyone who uses a push/pull mechanical hand control and would also love to hear from anyone who uses electronic Guidosimplex hand controls. I am particularly interested in users of the 2015A handcontrol.

I am posting this on other forums, sorry if you have seen it elsewhere. Many thanks.
Motability/Lookers Carlisle
5th November 2021 Max Pro Performance in Stonewashed Blue ordered
22nd November 2021 Text received from BP Pulse requesting installation information
23rd November 2021 BP Pulse information completed and sent

StuartT
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:19 am

Post by StuartT » Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 pm

Hello there, I use Ergo push/pull mechanical controls. When I ordered the car, in April, I asked for an indicator switch on the hand controls, but when they came to fit them, in August, they said that it wasn't possible to fit an indicator switch. I said okay and would they let me know when it would be possible; they updated me a few weeks ago to say that it's still not possible. They were blaming VW for the delay, saying VW hadn't released the necessary wiring diagram.
Early-adopters problems is the phrase, I believe!
As for the Guidosimplex controls, I'm sorry but I can't help you out there.
Glacier white, Life Pro.

DumfriesDik
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:56 am

Post by DumfriesDik » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:14 am

StuartT wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 pm
Hello there, I use Ergo push/pull mechanical controls. When I ordered the car, in April, I asked for an indicator switch on the hand controls, but when they came to fit them, in August, they said that it wasn't possible to fit an indicator switch. I said okay and would they let me know when it would be possible; they updated me a few weeks ago to say that it's still not possible. They were blaming VW for the delay, saying VW hadn't released the necessary wiring diagram.
Early-adopters problems is the phrase, I believe!
As for the Guidosimplex controls, I'm sorry but I can't help you out there.
Thanks for that Stuart. I am leaning towards mechanical hand controls and not engage anything to do with the cars electrics.

I hope you're enjoying the car.
Motability/Lookers Carlisle
5th November 2021 Max Pro Performance in Stonewashed Blue ordered
22nd November 2021 Text received from BP Pulse requesting installation information
23rd November 2021 BP Pulse information completed and sent

StuartT
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:19 am

Post by StuartT » Thu Nov 25, 2021 6:44 pm

DumfriesDik wrote:
Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:14 am
StuartT wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:41 pm
Hello there, I use Ergo push/pull mechanical controls. When I ordered the car, in April, I asked for an indicator switch on the hand controls, but when they came to fit them, in August, they said that it wasn't possible to fit an indicator switch. I said okay and would they let me know when it would be possible; they updated me a few weeks ago to say that it's still not possible. They were blaming VW for the delay, saying VW hadn't released the necessary wiring diagram.
Early-adopters problems is the phrase, I believe!
As for the Guidosimplex controls, I'm sorry but I can't help you out there.
Thanks for that Stuart. I am leaning towards mechanical hand controls and not engage anything to do with the cars electrics.

I hope you're enjoying the car.

If they're all you need, just having hand controls is a smart move!
As for the car, it's a big hit in our house and we are absolutely chuffed with it. It's effortless to drive and quite calming - I love the 0-40mph pace and response. All I'll say is, given a choice, I'll never have another ICE car and, for what I ask of a car, it's everything I need and more.
Happy motoring, when yours arrives.
Glacier white, Life Pro.

fatman
Posts: 4
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:53 pm

Post by fatman » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:24 pm

yes you can have indicator switch at pus pull .i got mine.i can give you phone number if u need.it was a company in newcastle

StuartT
Posts: 42
Joined: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:19 am

Post by StuartT » Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:38 am

fatman wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:24 pm
yes you can have indicator switch at pus pull .i got mine.i can give you phone number if u need.it was a company in newcastle

I live on the south coast so Newcastle would be a bit of a trek! However, its good to hear that they're available and I'd be interested in talking to them, if you could give me the number. I'll be contacting Motability as well, to see if they can shed any further light on the situation.
Cheers for the heads-up 👍
Glacier white, Life Pro.

DumfriesDik
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:56 am

Post by DumfriesDik » Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:03 pm

fatman wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:24 pm
yes you can have indicator switch at pus pull .i got mine.i can give you phone number if u need.it was a company in newcastle
Is that Bewick Mobility?

https://www.bewickmobility.co.uk/
Motability/Lookers Carlisle
5th November 2021 Max Pro Performance in Stonewashed Blue ordered
22nd November 2021 Text received from BP Pulse requesting installation information
23rd November 2021 BP Pulse information completed and sent

Post Reply