Direct Comparison to the Cupra Born

The place to discuss everything else..
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:01 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:32 pm
ItshardtobuyId3 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:58 pm
Now I need to work out how to get the lane assist as a big icon so I can turn it off super quick. I’ve seen it setup like that on YouTube but if I add the car to it I just get, parking assistance, ambient lighting and driver mode if I swipe up and down. Can’t work it out lol

Tried out parking assistance. Did an amazing job of parallel parking but made a complete meal of reverse parking at the supermarket and I ended up looking a complete tit when I tried to take over and the car wouldn’t move :lol:
Maybe someone on here is localish to you that had OBD11 and can make your lane assist remember your last setting e.g. you turn it off and it stays off until you turn ut on again.

If you're not far from Tyneside, I could help.
Thanks but I’m in Gloucestershire. Think I’ll have to bite the bullet and get it.
They're quite pricey now. I'm sure I paid £42 for my unit and £21 for a lifetime pro licence. I don't think you'll get much change out of £120 now. Perhaps someone a little more local will reveal themselves to help?

I had considered posting mine out if a mod could hold the replacement cost from the borrower as a "deposit" until it's safe return. Haven't pursued it though.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565

Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Another ID.3 owner who can directly compare it to the Cupra Born here. I tried to resist but review after review pointed consistently to things that appealed to me, e.g. styling details, chassis fettle and interior quality. Ordered a car that already had a build slot 6 weeks ago and picked it up yesterday. Spec was perfect other than it didn’t have the cargo pack, but sourced the parts and fitted it without much trouble. My take is all the differences add up to a lot and provide a distinct version of MEB, love it so far and was really impressed with the Cupra dealer.

Haven’t looked yet, but I’m thinking there isn’t a Cupra Born forum that’s in the same league as this, pity there’s not an MEB forum ;)
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Leccy wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:10 pm Another ID.3 owner who can directly compare it to the Cupra Born here. I tried to resist but review after review pointed consistently to things that appealed to me, e.g. styling details, chassis fettle and interior quality. Ordered a car that already had a build slot 6 weeks ago and picked it up yesterday. Spec was perfect other than it didn’t have the cargo pack, but sourced the parts and fitted it without much trouble. My take is all the differences add up to a lot and provide a distinct version of MEB, love it so far and was really impressed with the Cupra dealer.

Haven’t looked yet, but I’m thinking there isn’t a Cupra Born forum that’s in the same league as this, pity there’s not an MEB forum ;)
This forum has a Cupra Born themed twin https://www.cuprabornforums.com/
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Ah, brilliant, thanks a lot 👍
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels