Green number plates

The place to discuss everything else..
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:06 pm On Friday I walked past my car parked on the drive, and noticed the front number plate lying on the ground in front of the car. For some reason the dealership had fixed the rear numberplate with screws but the front numberplate just with sticky pads - which hadn't stuck firmly enough.

I phoned the dealership and today I drove down and they replaced both my numberplates with the new green-flashed plates, and screwed them both firmly in place, free of charge.
And hopefully recycled the old ones?

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:23 pm
HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:06 pm On Friday I walked past my car parked on the drive, and noticed the front number plate lying on the ground in front of the car. For some reason the dealership had fixed the rear numberplate with screws but the front numberplate just with sticky pads - which hadn't stuck firmly enough.

I phoned the dealership and today I drove down and they replaced both my numberplates with the new green-flashed plates, and screwed them both firmly in place, free of charge.
And hopefully recycled the old ones?
I've retained one of them and will mount it on the wall of my garage alongside the rear plate from my first ever car - a 1965 Beetle.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

I've been promised green-flash plates next time I go in for a software fix - could be soon?
MPA10

Post by MPA10 »

I’m having problems sourcing green domed screw caps for fitting the front number plate.... anyone seen them anywhere? I don’t really want to go down the sticky strips route
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

MPA10 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:15 pm I’m having problems sourcing green domed screw caps for fitting the front number plate.... anyone seen them anywhere? I don’t really want to go down the sticky strips route
My 'green' plates just have a green vertical stripe down the left edge, about 40mm wide. The two screws that fix the plate to the car are further inboard than the green stripe, so the 'normal' coloured ones do fine.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

Mine were exchanged with green stripped plates when the car went in for its 2.1 upgrade.

Original white screw head/collar on the front seemingly sprayed a non-matching green!

Ava
ID.3 1st Edition
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

MPA10 wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:15 pm I’m having problems sourcing green domed screw caps for fitting the front number plate.... anyone seen them anywhere? I don’t really want to go down the sticky strips route
Got my green ones off eBay, there not an exact match but near .
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926
minty1002

Post by minty1002 »

I picked mine up at the weekend and it has the green number plate.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

HeidiFlowerpt Driver wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:06 pm On Friday I walked past my car parked on the drive, and noticed the front number plate lying on the ground in front of the car. For some reason the dealership had fixed the rear numberplate with screws but the front numberplate just with sticky pads - which hadn't stuck firmly enough.

[/quote

It amazes me when you say “ and screwed them both firmly in place, free of charge.” Why wouldn’t it be free of charge? It was their incompetence that caused the problem.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

minty1002 wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:08 pm I picked mine up at the weekend and it has the green number plate.
Mine had them fitted when I picked up mid-July.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)