Home charger now installed

The place to discuss everything else..
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

I decided to get a Myenergi Zappi, as this can detect the amount of solar power, for eco charging if the car is at home on a sunny day. Installed by Joju (who installed my solar panels and Powerwall)

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

How have you been getting on with your new Zappi? I have one on order, but I'm hearing reports that the ID.3 doesn't work well with it - if charging stops, the car goes to sleep, and then won't wake up to resume charging. So the Eco+ function of the Zappi isn't any good with it. Is that your experience? I'm hoping the big software update early next year is going to sort that out together with all the other issues it's expected to solve...
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Yes, I think that you are right @heidiFlowerpot I have a timer on my granny lead and set it to come on when Octopus Agile tariff is low but I can only do this once - trying to charge in two separate blocks doesn't work unless i disconnect the lead and the reinsert...
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:25 pm How have you been getting on with your new Zappi? I have one on order, but I'm hearing reports that the ID.3 doesn't work well with it - if charging stops, the car goes to sleep, and then won't wake up to resume charging. So the Eco+ function of the Zappi isn't any good with it. Is that your experience? I'm hoping the big software update early next year is going to sort that out together with all the other issues it's expected to solve...

Here's the Zappi info: https://myenergi.info/vw-ev-s-and-eco-t2447.html

(I have a Pod Point)
BusinessProOwner

Post by BusinessProOwner »

Hi there,

I'd be really interested to hear if any issues with the zappi charger have been resolved with the new software update. I have just put a deposit down on an id3 and was planning to get a zappi charger because I have solar panels.
ID3 Business Pro Performance 2020
digital

Post by digital »

There's a report on the zappi forum that it's fixed - https://myenergi.info/vw-ev-s-and-eco-t2447-s130.html.

If you get the zappi consider matching it up with Octopus's Go (or Go Faster) tariff. We're paying 5p per kWh for four hours in the evening and 13.31p per kWh for the rest of the day and are getting as much as we can out of it by using high consumption appliances like the washing machine and tumble dryer in the cheap period!

Transfer to Octopus through share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 and we both get £50 account credits.
ID3 Family, Scale Silver, East Derry alloys.

Go to https://share.octopus.energy/amber-foal-811 to split £100 cashback with me from Octopus Energy.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I have the ID.3 (2.1 as of yesterday) and the Zappi, but just in the midst of getting Solar installed so can't really help as so far I have just plugged in and boosted whenever.

Supplier wise, I approached Octopus but the best tariff they could put me on was 18p per kWh which is 20% more than I am paying now. I don't have a Smart meter and they advised it would be probably up to 12 months to get one installed? I'd take their hand off for 13.3p alone.. Might have to contact them again.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:31 am Supplier wise, I approached Octopus but the best tariff they could put me on was 18p per kWh which is 20% more than I am paying now. I don't have a Smart meter and they advised it would be probably up to 12 months to get one installed?

Ask your current supplier to fit them? I had mine done when I was with Bulb, then switched to Octopus some months later.