Getting a Car Insurance quote

The place to discuss everything else..
Rhevian

Getting a Car Insurance quote

Post by Rhevian » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:35 am

I was trying to get an idea of the cost of insurance a couple of weeks ago, without the reg no of course, and most of the companies still don't list the ID3 on their website. I did get a quote from my current insurer (Direct Line) to update from my Golf - they offered to update the policy for an extra 32% on top of the current premium

I have also this week called Volkswagen insurance (www.insurewithvolkswagen.co.uk/car-insurance) and received a quote that's much less than my current premium - about 55% of what I'm paying DL - it looks like a good deal. (They also don't have the model on the website, I had to phone them)

(I'm not posting actual prices, as the amount will depend on your age, location, and other personal circumstances)

Abadgermac

Re: Getting a Car Insurance quote

Post by Abadgermac » Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:15 am

Similar experience for me. I was very pleasantly surprised at the premium quoted by VW insurance. Half some other companies.
I did think it somewhat ironic that not only did their website not include the ID.3 in the dropdown list of cars. The agent I spoke to had never heard of the car!