Dash cam sticky pads

The place to discuss everything else..
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Please can someone help. I had my front & back dashcams fitted but the front one fell off. Cleaned it all up, fitted a 3m pad, that lasted a couple of weeks. Tried super glueing, yep, that didn't work. Cleaned it all up ageing, fitted the bracket to the windscreen and left for 24hrs to cure before fitting the cam. That lasted a couple of weeks. I'm at a loss. Can anyone help please.
Thanks
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

How heavy are the dashcams? Those 3Mpads are usually rock solid, needingsawing out with dental floss when it's time to remove. I just refitted my old dashcams today with some new 3M pads from ebay. Might be worth you wiping over the contact point on your glass with some alcohol or glass cleaner to be sure of a good bond.

Could be related to the very hot weather weakening the bond? Parking in the shade wherever possible might help.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Mine used to ‘creep’ in really hot weather…
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Thanks, seriously cleaned the screen with the alcohol cleaner and try to park in the shade and use a screen cover. Will just have to keep cleaning and sticking up as the pads are not dear to buy.
Thanks
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey