Osprey chargers

The place to discuss everything else..
Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

I noticed some Osprey chargers (formerly known as Engenie) appearing in the WeConnectID map when filtering for WeCharge, so I emailed them to check - they replied confirming that they do accept the WeCharge card. There’s a fair number of them around the country, often in Marston’s pub car parks - but the nearest one to me is a good 45 min drive away, so I haven’t yet tried it for myself.

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

There's one in my local Marston's pub car park so I tried it yesterday. 50kW charge, nice new chargepoint, deserted car park. Used my We Charge card, everything worked brilliantly. It was the first public chargepoint I've used so I was much encouraged.
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Yes I swapped messages with them a few weeks back, confirming they were We Charge partners. There are a pair of 50kW chargers about 6 miles from me, so I will be a regular visitor to burn through my £500 credit!
Stephen

Post by Stephen »

Hi Scott, It’s my understanding that the £500 credit can only be used on the Ionity network. And you get charged for using the other networks (such as Osprey) using the credit card you registered with ‘We charge’. But, hope I’m wrong.
Deleted User 192

Not according to the We Charge plan section of the We Connect ID app, it states that the £500 is the equivalent for IONITY and it “may differ if the charging credit is used with other operators”.
SteveGC

Post by SteveGC »

I can confirm that the we charge rdf card we recieved with the 1st Ed does work on Ospery chargers. I used it today and it was recorded on my We Connect ID as no cost.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I charged my car at an Osprey charger two days ago - the first time I'd charged the car - and it worked fine using my We Charge card. But My We Connect ID app is saying there are no charging sessions recorded...
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot
roppenheimer

Post by roppenheimer »

Maybe you got lucky and got a free charge.
Deleted User 192

I used an Osprey yesterday, 10%-80% in 40 mins - it shows in the We Connect ID app as £0.00 - all good.