What did you get with your car?

The place to discuss everything else..
HeidiFlowerpot
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:30 pm

What did you get with your car?

Post by HeidiFlowerpot » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 am

I haven't noticed any mention of freebies on these forums, but I'm assuming that others received a goody-box like I did?

On handover I was given a nice white cardboard box like a chocolate box. Inside was my We Charge card, and also some surprising random gifts including these socks:

PXL_20210111_095733229.jpg

and a nice microfibre cloth in a drawstring bag, for cleaning the touchscreen I guess, and also a really useful multi-headed USB charging cable that lights up blue when connected. And finally a wildflower seed ball.

I'm thinking VW have a sense of humour, which is nice to know...

OllyExeterID3
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by OllyExeterID3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 pm

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't get anything with mine :( It wasn't a 1st Edition but I was expecting a little something. I assume the goodies/freebies only came with 1st Editions?

HeidiFlowerpot
Posts: 71
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:30 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by HeidiFlowerpot » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 pm

OllyExeterID3 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 pm
Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't get anything with mine :( It wasn't a 1st Edition but I was expecting a little something. I assume the goodies/freebies only came with 1st Editions?
Mine was a 1st Edition, so I guess so. Sorry you didn't get anything, even such an off-the-wall collection as I got!

OllyExeterID3
Posts: 28
Joined: Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:45 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by OllyExeterID3 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:16 pm

HeidiFlowerpot wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 pm
OllyExeterID3 wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 pm
Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't get anything with mine :( It wasn't a 1st Edition but I was expecting a little something. I assume the goodies/freebies only came with 1st Editions?
Mine was a 1st Edition, so I guess so. Sorry you didn't get anything, even such an off-the-wall collection as I got!
The socks are pretty awesome to be honest! I was quite surprised (not that I buy a car for the freebies, but our £12k VW Up came with a mug, coaster, keyring and tyre tread card) but hey, still very happy with our purchase :)

scott28tt
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by scott28tt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:34 pm

I got the ID box (socks etc as above) with my 1st - the dealer also gave me a VW branded pen and brolly.

roadhawk
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by roadhawk » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm

I got the box, a bottle of Moet & Chandon, and a granny charger.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0564
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348

scott28tt
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by scott28tt » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:15 pm

roadhawk wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm
I got the box, a bottle of Moet & Chandon, and a granny charger.

About £250 of genuine freebies then, that's good :-)

roadhawk
Posts: 31
Joined: Sat Dec 26, 2020 7:37 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by roadhawk » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 pm

scott28tt wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:15 pm
roadhawk wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm
I got the box, a bottle of Moet & Chandon, and a granny charger.

About £250 of genuine freebies then, that's good :-)
I almost forgot — I also get the first two services free of charge covered by Volkswagen UK. My understanding is the servicing is one very 2 years.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0564
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348

scott28tt
Posts: 317
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:34 pm

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by scott28tt » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm

roadhawk wrote:
Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 pm

I almost forgot — I also get the first two services free of charge covered by Volkswagen UK. My understanding is the servicing is one very 2 years.

I got a service plan for 2 services included at no cost with my PCP deal.

Emanuel
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:16 am

Re: What did you get with your car?

Post by Emanuel » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:59 pm

HeidiFlowerpot wrote:
Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 am
I haven't noticed any mention of freebies on these forums, but I'm assuming that others received a goody-box like I did?

On handover I was given a nice white cardboard box like a chocolate box. Inside was my We Charge card, and also some surprising random gifts including these socks:
PXL_20210111_095733229.jpg
and a nice microfibre cloth in a drawstring bag, for cleaning the touchscreen I guess, and also a really useful multi-headed USB charging cable that lights up blue when connected. And finally a wildflower seed ball.

I'm thinking VW have a sense of humour, which is nice to know...
I don't know how many people are familiar with the origin of the color on those socks, maybe it's common knowledge. I was in Wolfsburg early summer of 2019 and at VW world, in one room where they were presenting the future of VW they had an ID.3 with a sort of camo wrap that looked just like that while the car was not yet fully revealed. The girls who worked there said it didn't have a completed interior yet. I just checked my album but I didn't snap any pictures of it myself so I found a PR one online, here goes:

vw-id-3-1.jpg


Post Reply