What did you get with your car?

The place to discuss everything else..
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Post by HeidiFlowerpt Driver »

I haven't noticed any mention of freebies on these forums, but I'm assuming that others received a goody-box like I did?

On handover I was given a nice white cardboard box like a chocolate box. Inside was my We Charge card, and also some surprising random gifts including these socks:

PXL_20210111_095733229.jpg

and a nice microfibre cloth in a drawstring bag, for cleaning the touchscreen I guess, and also a really useful multi-headed USB charging cable that lights up blue when connected. And finally a wildflower seed ball.

I'm thinking VW have a sense of humour, which is nice to know...
ID.3 1st Edition Manganese Grey - called Heidi Flowerpot

OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't get anything with mine :( It wasn't a 1st Edition but I was expecting a little something. I assume the goodies/freebies only came with 1st Editions?
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

OllyExeterID3 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 pm Hi,

Unfortunately I didn't get anything with mine :( It wasn't a 1st Edition but I was expecting a little something. I assume the goodies/freebies only came with 1st Editions?
Mine was a 1st Edition, so I guess so. Sorry you didn't get anything, even such an off-the-wall collection as I got!
OllyExeterID3

Post by OllyExeterID3 »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:56 pm
OllyExeterID3 wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 12:59 pm Hi,

Mine was a 1st Edition, so I guess so. Sorry you didn't get anything, even such an off-the-wall collection as I got!
The socks are pretty awesome to be honest! I was quite surprised (not that I buy a car for the freebies, but our £12k VW Up came with a mug, coaster, keyring and tyre tread card) but hey, still very happy with our purchase :)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I got the ID box (socks etc as above) with my 1st - the dealer also gave me a VW branded pen and brolly.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

I got the box, a bottle of Moet & Chandon, and a granny charger.
VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Deleted User 192

roadhawk wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm I got the box, a bottle of Moet & Chandon, and a granny charger.

About £250 of genuine freebies then, that's good :-)
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:15 pm
roadhawk wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:27 pm I got the box, a bottle of Moet & Chandon, and a granny charger.

About £250 of genuine freebies then, that's good :-)
I almost forgot — I also get the first two services free of charge covered by Volkswagen UK. My understanding is the servicing is one very 2 years.
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
Deleted User 192

roadhawk wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 pm
I almost forgot — I also get the first two services free of charge covered by Volkswagen UK. My understanding is the servicing is one very 2 years.

I got a service plan for 2 services included at no cost with my PCP deal.
Emanuel

Post by Emanuel »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:57 am I haven't noticed any mention of freebies on these forums, but I'm assuming that others received a goody-box like I did?

On handover I was given a nice white cardboard box like a chocolate box. Inside was my We Charge card, and also some surprising random gifts including these socks:
PXL_20210111_095733229.jpg
and a nice microfibre cloth in a drawstring bag, for cleaning the touchscreen I guess, and also a really useful multi-headed USB charging cable that lights up blue when connected. And finally a wildflower seed ball.

I'm thinking VW have a sense of humour, which is nice to know...
I don't know how many people are familiar with the origin of the color on those socks, maybe it's common knowledge. I was in Wolfsburg early summer of 2019 and at VW world, in one room where they were presenting the future of VW they had an ID.3 with a sort of camo wrap that looked just like that while the car was not yet fully revealed. The girls who worked there said it didn't have a completed interior yet. I just checked my album but I didn't snap any pictures of it myself so I found a PR one online, here goes:

vw-id-3-1.jpg

Deleted User 192

Yep, I followed the car online from concept to launch so knew exactly why the socks and the We Charge card were that colour and pattern 😊
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

Hi, just joined the forum.
I picked my ID.3 up on 19th December, the Life model and I received the box with the socks, We Charge card, cloth for cleaning the Infotainment screen, etc.
I also managed to get the Granny charge cable thrown in for good measure.
Nick Jan

Post by Nick Jan »

No packaged freebies with my ID3 Style in late Dec, just a neat USB phone connector. That said, my car did include a warning triangle & first aid kit, standard in the EU, which the salesman said are not part of the UK offer!
Deleted User 192

Nick Jan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:22 pm That said, my car did include a warning triangle & first aid kit, standard in the EU, which the salesman said are not part of the UK offer!

Hmm, not sure about that.
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

Nick Jan wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:22 pm That said, my car did include a warning triangle & first aid kit, standard in the EU, which the salesman said are not part of the UK offer!
Perhaps for those who got cars before Dec 31 they came as standard as in the transition period :!: . As well as the warning triangle (in the indent in the hatchback door) mine came with the first aid kit and yellow jacket in the underfloor section with the toolkit.
I had the same with a recent Audi bought in 2018.

IMG_8678.jpeg

HeidiFlowerpt Driver

scott28tt wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 2:34 pm I got the ID box (socks etc as above) with my 1st - the dealer also gave me a VW branded pen and brolly.
I would have liked a brolly. I used to keep an umbrella in the special door compartment on my old Passat, but when I scrapped it, I forgot to remove the brolly. I've now bought another one to keep in Heidi the ID.3.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

scott28tt wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Has anyone here not got the warning triangle and first aid kit? It seems unlikely that UK spec doesn't include it, that sounds like the salesman speaking salespeak.
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

scott28tt wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:43 pm
roadhawk wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:48 pm

I got a service plan for 2 services included at no cost with my PCP deal.
I've been told the first service is due at 2 years, but thereafter there's a yearly service. I guess I should check the book, then I'd know for sure...
HeidiFlowerpt Driver

Kaygee wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:46 am Hi, just joined the forum.
I picked my ID.3 up on 19th December, the Life model and I received the box with the socks, We Charge card, cloth for cleaning the Infotainment screen, etc.
I also managed to get the Granny charge cable thrown in for good measure.
Hi Kaygee, I'd be interested to know if your WeCharge card has £500 charging credit on it? I think the box of goodies that your card came in was intended only for 1st Edition cars (so, not the Life model) and the 1st Edition buyers got £500 free charging.
stu-evs

Post by stu-evs »

HeidiFlowerpot wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:34 am
scott28tt wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:54 pm

Has anyone here not got the warning triangle and first aid kit? It seems unlikely that UK spec doesn't include it, that sounds like the salesman speaking salespeak.
We got the triangle & first aid kid in ours too....but actually I was very surprised when I opened the boot and saw them - UK spec VAG cars have previously not come with them (I went and bought one to fill the empty hole in my Mk7 Golf! And have previously done the same with an Audi Q7)....so the salesperson may just have been basing on past experience? Or perhaps this is one of the strange benefits of the cars being set up for LHD markets!!?! :?
ID.3 1st Edition

Octopus referral code (get £50 when you switch to Octopus): share.octopus.energy/pale-hare-366