Octopus Tariffs

The place to discuss everything else..
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:31 pm Shame the best estimate they can give me for a Smart meter install is 'around 12 months.. '
I changed from Bulb to Octopus as they got me a smart meter more quickly but I haven't been able to download any half hour readings since December 28th! Octopus haven't managed to read it either and after a "switch off and on again" didn't work they are now going to replace the meter (28 April) - i think that means that all my work to charge at very low rates will go down the drain as they will only be able to take a reading of total usage (10MWh since November)...

Shippersa1

Post by Shippersa1 »

I'm looking at switching to Octopus Go from British Gas for our electricity but what do you do with your gas tariff as Octopus Go is electricity only and Octopus don't have any gas only tariffs?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Shippersa1 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:38 pm I'm looking at switching to Octopus Go from British Gas for our electricity but what do you do with your gas tariff as Octopus Go is electricity only and Octopus don't have any gas only tariffs?

Octopus do have gas tariffs, you’ll be put on one plus a standard electricity tariff when you first switch to Octopus. Once they can read your smart meter readings they can switch your electricity to Go, leaving your gas on the same tariff as you started.

https://octopus.energy/tariffs/