How long does Pod Point take to schedule installation

The place to discuss everything else..
JonS

Post by JonS »

Hi - it’s been over a month now since I made full payment and completed all the required documentation for a Pod Point installation.

However I seem to be no further forward.

The scheduling team do not answer the phone or reply to emails. Nobody else at Pod Point can do anything other than send messages to the scheduling team (who they can’t seem to reach either).

They have asked a couple of clarification points along the way about the cable route, dealt with by return. Otherwise silence.

What is your experience and how long is it reasonable to wait before hearing about an installation date? I’m increasingly unimpressed and concerned about what my experience means about future customer support should it ever be required….

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I'd bin them, get your money back and buy something else. No bother getting our Ohme in with an independent installer recommended by Ohme themselves.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deadlysub

Post by Deadlysub »

This is a worry, I helped my Dad order a pod point yesterday (as recommended by VW), hopefully he will have a better experience than you are having.
w19ked

Post by w19ked »

We used Podpoint. Waited forever, installer fitted the charger but didn't even work. It took me weeks and weeks to get them to sort it. I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole. Use an independent instead is my advice.
JonS

Post by JonS »

To be fair I should post an update. After a fair number of chasing emails they contacted me today with a suggested possible installation slot later this week…a date I can’t make unfortunately but progress nonetheless!
Kabfab

Post by Kabfab »

Podpoint were really quick contacting me, and installed within 2-3 weeks, am now awaiting delayed car
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

Mine was installed three days after I ordered it, they called me the day after and said someone else cancelled.

However... everything works perfectly but I questioned the noise that was coming from it (there's a small black box which I think monitors current, it's very chattery) and they said someone would come just to check it was normal. That was 2 months ago.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I had my Pod Point installed by an authorised 3rd-party within 8 calendar days of my first enquiry - Pod Point direct had given me a lead time of 5 weeks.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

I’m having the poor experience that others have had, filled in all the forms, sent the photos, had £549 taken off me, then nothing. Emails, website messaging, phone calls to customer services do no good at all, their set up doesn’t respond to anything like that it would seem. Out of the blue got email asking to clarify something, answered by return, but silence again since last Tuesday. Don’t really know what to do, would like to go elsewhere but they have my £549 which in addition to not responding to set some kind of expectations isn’t a great way to treat customers.
SOLD: Cupra Born V3 eBoost / Silver / Beats / Panoramic / Tech L / Cargo
Previous: ID.3 Max / 2.4 / Stonewashed Blue / Andoya Wheels
Pod Point Solo / Octopus Go Faster
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Get on to your card company for a chargeback...then go elsewhere.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 1011

Post by Deleted User 1011 »

Pod Point fitted my charger 5 days after I'd ordered it, and it has worked perfectly.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

What was your secret?!?!
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm Get on to your card company for a chargeback...then go elsewhere.
With hindsight I’d have gone to an independent or perhaps Octopus (who I am about to rejoin) and got a Go tariff integrated charger, but I think I’ll stick as apart from the refund, I don’t fancy a merry go round with applying again for OZEV with somebody else. PP deemed to contact me today saying OZEV is approved and the scheduling team will be in touch. At least I have a number for that team now so can chase them.
Deleted User 192

Leccy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:44 pm With hindsight I’d have gone to an independent or perhaps Octopus (who I am about to rejoin) and got a Go tariff integrated charger

Any charger which supports timed charging can be set to align with Go or Go Faster off-peak periods, that’s different with Agile.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Yes, realise that, just liked the idea of the Octopus integratable chargers aligning with the tariff rates intelligently, whether its Go or Agile. Doesn’t look as if being able to work with Agile is going to be an advantage any time soon so timed charging is fine.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Leccy wrote: Mon Jul 26, 2021 5:44 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:56 pm Get on to your card company for a chargeback...then go elsewhere.
With hindsight I’d have gone to an independent or perhaps Octopus (who I am about to rejoin) and got a Go tariff integrated charger, but I think I’ll stick as apart from the refund, I don’t fancy a merry go round with applying again for OZEV with somebody else. PP deemed to contact me today saying OZEV is approved and the scheduling team will be in touch. At least I have a number for that team now so can chase them.
I went with a local independent supplier and they did all the grant application stuff for me. All they did was take a photo of the car / Reg and that was it they had all my other details.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Yeah, would have gone a different way, it’s been nearly 2 weeks since I did the pod point application. Thing about OZEV is the application I made via pod point is in and approved and I don’t want to muddy the situation by starting another one as I recall there being stuff in the pod point info about there should not be another OZEV application for the address etc.
Last edited by Leccy on Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Take it all back, Pod Point just called and offered an install for tomorrow morning, which I accepted 😆
Leccy

Post by Leccy »

Well that was painless, installer came at 8, done by 11, worked first time, the app, scheduled charging, neat install, it even looks Ok. Pod Point advocate me 👍
Deleted User 192

Leccy wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:23 pm Well that was painless, installer came at 8, done by 11, worked first time, the app, scheduled charging, neat install, it even looks Ok. Pod Point advocate me 👍

Good news 🙂