New ID3 Owner

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
LaZyBoNeS

Post by LaZyBoNeS »

I'm new to the forum and new to being an EV owner. Picked up my ID3 today and just had a light play around with it.

I can't seem to connect Apple CarPlay and cant find the Heads Up display. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks
Darren

Rhevian

Post by Rhevian »

Apple car play will be enabled in a future software update. The Heads Up display is not included in the UK “1st Edition” model.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

That’s poor of the dealer not to let you know!
Avalon

Post by Avalon »

I don’t honestly think the UK dealers have been very well briefed. I’ve picked up an awful lot from being on this forum for only a week or so.

A
ID.3 1st Edition
LaZyBoNeS

Post by LaZyBoNeS »

Yeah my dealer didn't know much at all. The We Connect app doesn't do half the stuff my dealer said it could. I'm very underwhelmed with the technology of the car though love the car itself. Hopefully much of this stuff will sort itself out in time. Anyone have any idea about wireless charger?
Deleted User 192

"Anyone have any idea about wireless charger?"

I've read that UK 1st Edition cars don't have the hardware as they are "Plus" models and VW only installed the hardware in the "Max" model - the new range of specs all include it as standard, which is frustrating. VW are not offering the hardware as an after-sales option for those of us in this situation.
blamelewis

Post by blamelewis »

Hi, my partner was told when she bought the car (1st edition, bought 31st October) that the wireless charging “sometimes works” but is expected to be fully enabled in the new year when the features like CarPlay are added. We’ve been able to pair our iPhones to the car via Bluetooth just fine, and in the meantime there’s a USB C port which would run a charging mat for you perhaps?
Deleted User 192

Having now had a look inside the centre console, I’d be amazed if wireless charging worked because there’s no charger hardware ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=271

I have ordered a very slim charge pad which should fit the phone slot in the car nicely and do the job, and a cable to use one of the USB-C ports.
Rgascoigne71

Post by Rgascoigne71 »

Good evening all. New ID3 owner and loving it so far 4 days in. Any idea if the main dash display can be without the ACC window?
Deleted User 192

Rgascoigne71 wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:58 pm Good evening all. New ID3 owner and loving it so far 4 days in. Any idea if the main dash display can be without the ACC window?

You mean the left-hand panel of the display behind the steering wheel?

It’s not just for ACC, it also shows the other “assist” features such as those that keep you in the lane and to keep your distance from the vehicle in front.

To hide it, press the arrows alongside VIEW on the steering wheel, it can enlarge the speed and the navigation segments instead. But that’s all.
Rgascoigne71

Post by Rgascoigne71 »

Cheers. I’ll take a look. Love the car
AtrixMan

Post by AtrixMan »

I collected my car on Monday 20th Sept. The dealer said it is the last Makena Turquoise and the last Business Pro Performance available. Despite my age, I'm usually pretty good with technology, no problems so far!!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

AtrixMan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:21 am I collected my car on Monday 20th Sept. The dealer said it is the last Makena Turquoise and the last Business Pro Performance available. Despite my age, I'm usually pretty good with technology, no problems so far!!
I certainly hope it's not the end of Makena turquoise, as I have had one on order since the beginning of August! Did your dealer think they were stopping making them or did he just mean in his stock?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

sidehaas wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 1:18 pm
AtrixMan wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:21 am I collected my car on Monday 20th Sept. The dealer said it is the last Makena Turquoise and the last Business Pro Performance available. Despite my age, I'm usually pretty good with technology, no problems so far!!
I certainly hope it's not the end of Makena turquoise, as I have had one on order since the beginning of August! Did your dealer think they were stopping making them or did he just mean in his stock?
That colour is still on the UK website ...
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
Deleted User 192

The Business spec was pulled a while ago, but Makena is still an option today.
AtrixMan

Post by AtrixMan »

I was told that Makena Turquoise would not be available in January the new year (when a car ordered in September would be delivered) as it was an introductory colour for the new ID.3
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

AtrixMan wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:44 pm I was told that Makena Turquoise would not be available in January the new year (when a car ordered in September would be delivered) as it was an introductory colour for the new ID.3
My Makena Turquoise is due end of Jan and there was no indication to me that this would be one of the last ones.
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
HEOLFAWR56

Post by HEOLFAWR56 »

I have been driving and domestically charging my ID3 for six weeks and my cable has yet to release itself from the car when I disconnect the power. It usually releases after 30 minutes, or so, which is not convenient when you want to drive off. I have tried locking and unlocking the car, switching power on and off, entering "Release when charged" on the inboard computer", but to no avail. I now open the boot and pull the flimsy wire to release the cable.
It is high time VW correct the problem, since many ID3 owners are suffering.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Does it happen every time?
Its happened to me once in 9 months.
Its not something that pops up on this forum to my recollection!
If I have any doubts I quick multiple unlock click the fob.
Its the 30 minute delay that is puzzling.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22