Emergency charging only available warning

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I’ve bought a 3 pin cable from VW to charge my car whilst I’m awaiting for the charging unit. However when I plug it in I’m getting the light near the charging plug flashing green and red, and a message saying ‘only emergency charging currently possible. Please consult vehicle wallet’
Has anyone else had this issue please?

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

There’s a “reduced current” option in the charging settings within the infotainment system, turn that on before you plug in and switch on.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Thanks! I’ll give it a try😀
F11_MWG

Post by F11_MWG »

Sarah wrote: Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:30 pm I’ve bought a 3 pin cable from VW to charge my car whilst I’m awaiting for the charging unit. However when I plug it in I’m getting the light near the charging plug flashing green and red, and a message saying ‘only emergency charging currently possible. Please consult vehicle wallet’
Has anyone else had this issue please?
I get this sometimes, no idea why, does it on my home and work Rolec chargers.... I unplug and plug it back in again, seems ok the second time. Mine is 4 days old.
LongMynd

Post by LongMynd »

I had this error message this morning. The car had only charged at 1 kW. I thought it might be something to do with the cold weather, but then discovered that it was simply that the plug on the cable was not fully engaged in the socket in the car.
Others posting on another discussion site have reported it.
https://www.vwidtalk.com/threads/chargi ... post-16635
Charles.
ID.3 Tour with heat-pump