Memory Seats Gone (Sept 17 Brochure Update)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Memory seats have been removed from the price list :cry:

DCFC5F32-4F92-42FE-97C6-B5DCB5C1C6D7.jpeg

ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

That’s quite disappointing. It seems then that memory seats were only added to the brochures in error.

I have to say I don’t know what VW are playing at having two very similar cars with similar trims but not matching features across. It’s gotten confusing to the point their own marketing people are making blunders like this.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

This explains a lot.
2 weeks ago I sent VW CS an email asking if the Max and Tour have a driver memory seat.
After a week this was their reply.

"They have advised me that it cannot assign a physical position of the seat to a key or to driver 1 or drive profile. We are hoping to make this function available on the ID.3 in the future. I do apologise for any disappointment that this may cause."

I replied to this stating that was not a definite yes or no answer and once again asked them to clarify either yes or no.
They never got back to me.
This new pricelist/brochure explains why.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:58 pm This explains a lot.
2 weeks ago I sent VW CS an email asking if the Max and Tour have a driver memory seat.

"They have advised me that it cannot assign a physical position of the seat to a key or to driver 1 or drive profile. We are hoping to make this function available on the ID.3 in the future. I do apologise for any disappointment that this may cause."

I replied to this stating that was not a definite yes or no answer and once again asked them to clarify either yes or no.

Looks like my original gut feel of "it's an error" was correct. It would have been a nice feature - and if it's available as a software upgrade later in the vehicle's life at reasonable cost linked to a soft driver profile and a key I shall definitely be tempted by the purchase.

But not a dealbreaker for us. I shall just have to moan about seat positions to SWMBO for the duration of the lease ;-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I"m holding out in the hope for this being a paid-for feature in future updates :)
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I appreciate this is a hot topic for a number of people and the information from VW has been terrible.. But what part of the above did you think wasn't a big fat NO...
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:32 am

I appreciate this is a hot topic for a number of people and the information from VW has been terrible.. But what part of the above did you think wasn't a big fat NO...
The thing is we all know VW are very good liar's at the end of the day. And by what they replied with was a glimour of hope. To a degree they are like politicians in never giving the answer.
In my original email to them I referred the memory funtion to what is fitted on the ID.4 so really all it needed was a simple YES or NO.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Utumno wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:00 am

...and if it's available as a software upgrade later in the vehicle's life at reasonable cost linked to a soft driver profile and a key I shall definitely be tempted by the purchase.
The thing is, some of us (including myself) have already purchased thinking that memory seats were part of the package as it's been "standard" for the Max and Tour since at least July, I believe. So if VW are planning on offering this as a paid upgrade then they really need to honour that.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 am

...and if it's available as a software upgrade later in the vehicle's life at reasonable cost linked to a soft driver profile and a key I shall definitely be tempted by the purchase.
The thing is, some of us (including myself) have already purchased thinking that memory seats were part of the package as it's been "standard" for the Max and Tour since at least July, I believe. So if VW are planning on offering this as a paid upgrade then they really need to honour that.
That's a very good point.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:52 am

In my opinion you have two hopes of this happening; Bob Hope and no hope. They will simply claim "E&OE" and unless someone feels strongly enough to take them to task legally, that'll be that.

I've half a mind to set Cherry on them ;-)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Cheese Fiend

Post by Cheese Fiend »

Just received this wrt a Tour (ordered in July) no build / delivery dates received yet.
Whether I can believe it or not I have no idea

Re: VOLKSWAGEN ID3 TOUR order 31403973
Dear XXXXX

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Customer Services.

I can confirm that both driver and passenger seats have the memory function included in your order.

Kind regards

Stephen Alexis
Customer Relations Advisor
Volkswagen Customer Services Centre
T 0800 083 3914
E customerservices@volkswagen.co.uk
Internet: www.volkswagen.co.uk
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered July 2021 via Drive The Deal
Delivered June 2022
Order Number - 3140xxxx
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

This does not correspond to an email I got back after asking the same question.
Here's what they told me on 24th Sept.

Dear Mr XXXXX

Thank you for your continued patience whilst our Product Support Team answered our question regarding the memory function.

They have advised me that it cannot assign a physical position of the seat to a key or to driver 1 or drive profile. They have further advised that unfortunately it doesn’t have buttons to store two different positions. I do apologise for any disappointment that this may cause.

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen UK.

Kind regards

Sarah Scott

T 0800 083 3914
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

wut-5c7727.jpg

Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:02 am Just received this wrt a Tour (ordered in July) no build / delivery dates received yet.
Whether I can believe it or not I have no idea

Re: VOLKSWAGEN ID3 TOUR order 31403973
Dear XXXXX

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Customer Services.

I can confirm that both driver and passenger seats have the memory function included in your order.

Kind regards

Stephen Alexis
T 0800 083 3914

I expect this confirmation is just a drone reading a brochure. While I would love the memory seats, I am still not expecting them to arrive on the built vehicle whenever it arrives!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Also I cannot see why you would have memory function on the passenger seat. That would be too much to ask for from VW.
bbardsley

Post by bbardsley »

Has anyone managed to confirm this, the latest brochure and specification data shown on their configurator and website also states Memory Function for the Tour?

We're really hoping it does...
Ordered 17/08/21: ID.3 Tour | Glacier White
Unconfirmed Build Week 39 (2022)
Cancelled 18/01/22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

bbardsley wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:18 pm Has anyone managed to confirm this, the latest brochure and specification data shown on their configurator and website also states Memory Function for the Tour?

Nobody has seen a MY22.5 vehicle yet. VW's claims on the configurator should be regarded as entirely baseless until someone sees the hardware in a vehicle 😊
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

bbardsley wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:18 pm Has anyone managed to confirm this, the latest brochure and specification data shown on their configurator and website also states Memory Function for the Tour?

I think you'll find that your Tour will come without memory seats. If it is something within the MY22.5 changes unfortunately yours would not get them as it will fall under the cars ordered from 1st December 2021.
I got my Tour on the 23rd Dec and it does not have memory seats. I ordered mine 1/7/21
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Newfie wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:56 pm

I think you'll find that your Tour will come without memory seats. If it is something within the MY22.5 changes unfortunately yours would not get them as it will fall under the cars ordered from 1st December 2021.
I got my Tour on the 23rd Dec and it does not have memory seats. I ordered mine 1/7/21
The seats are "Regardless of order date", so I can't believe they would fit MY22.5 seats and take out a memory function if it exists. My dealer told me to expect all the new features despite ordering before December, so we don't really know what we get until we see the first car.

Edit: just seen the order date of bbardsley, yes if your build date was before Dec 1st, you get MY22 no matter what.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Newfie wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:56 pm

How can you be so sure? Ultimately, it's not listed in the updates for either the post week 51 or post Dec 1st order date, but it is seemingly now part of the Style Plus pack that both the Max and Tour get.

"ergoActive seats in front with power adjustment, memory feature and adjustable thigh support"

I'd personally bet it's another error.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten