Breakdown cover

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Ph66

Post by Ph66 »

Hi everyone.

Just wondering if anyone knew how long the breakdown cover is on the ID 3 1st edition . Ours is coming up to a year old at the weekend.

Can't remember the sales people saying, and servicing is every 2 years ?

Thanks
ID3 First edition. Glacier white . V3.2 software
Using Octopus IO now - off peak electricity - Share £100 each if you join Octopus use this code - share.octopus.energy/tan-thyme-926

Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

The original brochure , i have a copy , says 3 years warranty, 3 years roadside assistance , and first service at 2 years , the dealer tried to convince me it needed an inspection service at 12 months but backed off when i told him what was on the brochure
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
mish

Post by mish »

Every new car is registered for Volkswagen
Roadside Assistance for one year except
the ID.3 which is registered for three years.
This provides vehicle roadside and home
recovery in the unlikely event of a
breakdown in the UK and Europe (subject
to conditions). Volkswagen Roadside
Assistance can also be purchased for
subsequent years.

Copied from: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... t-p11d.pdf
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

I asked our dealer to confirm the breakdown cover on the ID3, as mine came with a breakdown leaflet in the glovebox, which even though it was clearly ID specific, clearly said one year's breakdown cover only. The dealer confirmed it was definitely three years.

I'm still some way off my first service! But I've yet to see anything definitive in terms of pricing for ID3 services. There really isn't much work involved, so you'd hope they'd be cheap...
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Deleted User 1426

Post by Deleted User 1426 »

If you want to know what they do for the 2 year service, you can find it in the pdf on this post.

Basically a lot of inspections, pollen filter and brake fluid change.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1255
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Indeed! I had downloaded that from your previous post already, thanks for putting it on here.

You'd hope that with zero consumables you might be looking at only £100 ish for a service (it really doesn't seem to get you much more than the usual free health check), but I rather suspect I'm being optimistic there.

Still, we've got no timing belts or chains to change, and much lower brake wear than ICE vehicles, but it would be good to see really competitive pricing on the regular services too.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

3 years breakdown, service starts after 2 years.

Rumours of £99 or £170 for a service, I get 2 for free so I don’t know definitively.