Unable to display speed

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
hwhbev

Post by hwhbev »

I had a new warning message appear today. The infotainment system seemed to take longer than usual to boot up and then screen behind the steering wheel displayed the message “Unable to display speed. Please visit workshop.” I switched the cat off and then on again but the message persisted. On my drive home the speed was clearly and accurately displayed underneath the warning message. Once home I parked the car and left it for about 5 minutes. On powering up the car again the message was gone.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

ooooh - that's a new one on me! Haven't seen any one else mention it either.
Coopear

Post by Coopear »

I’ve had random inappropriate error messages before but not that one. My favourite so far was “Battery Fault - do not drive” which disappeared after a restart :)
mez

Post by mez »

Same here. Just this morning the drivers screen (the one behind steering wheel) announced it was malfunctioning and I had to continue my entire with no working speedometer as there was nowhere to safely stop (which is technically illegal).

Off to the VW workshop…

C1BA92C7-AD76-4D32-8DDF-450190AD616F.jpeg

E267E5A9-3C54-405C-B403-7BB5E59F3E7A.png

ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Nice bathroom light...
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Yes not bad. Are you going fit them in the back or front. 😆
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

hwhbev wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:31 pm I had a new warning message appear today. The infotainment system seemed to take longer than usual to boot up and then screen behind the steering wheel displayed the message “Unable to display speed. Please visit workshop.” I switched the cat off and then on again but the message persisted. On my drive home the speed was clearly and accurately displayed underneath the warning message. Once home I parked the car and left it for about 5 minutes. On powering up the car again the message was gone.

Has anyone else experienced this?
"I switched the cat off"? What cat? Were you taking the cat to the vet? :D
mez

Post by mez »

Ignore those lights! I’ve decided to fit lanterns front and back. Anyone got any matches?!
ID.3 150kW Life Pro Performance 62kWh, v0792, battleship grey.
I recommend Octopus Energy: Receive a £50 credit with this signup link: share.octopus.energy/shy-wasp-900