Major software update is ready!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I read online last night that the major update we’ve all been waiting for is ready for distribution, ahead of the original January date!

This is an English translation taken from the German First Movers group:

The final software for ID.3 is ready. Who would’ve thought that’d happen by mid-Nov? Certainly not the 1st movers!

VW will start informing about the rollout and release plans formally in Wk. 49. The dealers and workshops will get access to it and it can be expected that first cars to get the upgrade will see it happen beginning of December.

However, this won’t be the case for 1st movers as they’ve agreed to wait for the SW upgrade in Q1 next year. Priority is the standard delivery customers who’ve ordered and are waiting for cars with the finished SW. Exception would be a 1st car that reaches workshop for some other reason and they may get an update regardless.

The update itself contains the missing promised features like HUD and CarPlay etc. and a bunch of bug fixes, details of which will be shared with dealers. The update will take approx. 1 man day so all workshops will have to diligently plan the schedule based on their existing rosters.

Coopear

Post by Coopear »

Wow, great news, let’s hope they haven’t scrimped on testing to deliver early :)
Does the 1st Edition have a HUD?
Deleted User 192

No HUD on the 1st Plus, which is the only edition we have in the UK.
Jel

Post by Jel »

Good news regarding the Mayor update being ready. I own a Pro version of the ID3 in the UK. Do you know if the UK VW dealers will be installing the update before 2021 ?
Deleted User 192

From what I read it is being applied to new cars coming out of the factory, it will be rolled out to cars already in circulation, then to the cars of First Movers (who were given an incentive to wait til Q1)
dem-id3

Post by dem-id3 »

I just getting my car back after 3 day's as it went in to look at door mirror heating not working, they decided to do a software update at the same time which was going to take 1 1/2 day, as there are 11 update I got told and then they have to re-calibrate the sensors.
Fingers crossed it won't need to go back in for a software update, I hope that was the major update then.
Deleted User 192

dem-id3 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:43 pm Fingers crossed it won't need to go back in for a software update, I hope that was the major update then.
I hate to say it, but from everything I've heard you are likely to now have the 0570 software version which is NOT the major update mentioned above that we are all waiting for...

My ID3 is with VW still (since Thursday) and I believe it will also come back to me with 0570.
dem-id3

Post by dem-id3 »

How do I check what version of the software is on my car.
Deleted User 192

dem-id3 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:39 pm How do I check what version of the software is on my car.
As above I don't have my car right now - but it is in the information in the Settings area in the infotainment system.
dem-id3

Post by dem-id3 »

scott28tt wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:56 pm
dem-id3 wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:39 pm How do I check what version of the software is on my car.
As above I don't have my car right now - but it is in the information in the Settings area in the infotainment system.
Thanks for that, so just checked and yes mine was done to 0570
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

Just got my car back after four days of software updates!!! It's now on 0570 so no major upgrade yet. Hope it doesn't take as long next time.
Deleted User 192

Correct, I got my car back on Wednesday with 0570 - the major update should rollout in December, I'll be pushing my dealer for a date.
F11_MWG

Post by F11_MWG »

How are you finding the 0570 version? Does it remember any of your settings now? I adjust stuff like seat heating and steering wheel heating on start up and it doesn't save the settings.
Deleted User 192

I can’t comment on those particular settings as I’ve not used them - the noticeable difference is the image of the reversing camera.

I have also had no more airbag warning or alarm going off on it’s own, and auto hold stays enabled from drive to drive - however these were all intermittent so they could still occur, but the patches are supposed to resolve all of them.
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

Hello, just received mine, trying to get used to the software.

So no "on air " updates? we have to go physically to a VW garage?

Many thanks
Deleted User 192

At the moment dealers have to apply updates with a USB stick, the “production” software rolling out in the coming weeks is supposed to enable future updates via OTA.
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 4:43 pm At the moment dealers have to apply updates with a USB stick, the “production” software rolling out in the coming weeks is supposed to enable future updates via OTA.
thanks for that, Will they contact us when this happens or do we have to contact them ourselves?

Very new with this thing, so please bear with me If I am asking silly questions
Deleted User 192

No worries, we are all new - even the dealers 😉

Not heard of it will be done via a recall, but I did read that dealers were asked to make workshop capacity available from December - I am going to get onto mine this coming week
Last edited by Deleted User 192 on Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sindidziwa

Post by Sindidziwa »

After getting updated to 0570 etc (four days in the garage), the alarm went off again and the reversing camera didn't work on occasion. id3 booked in again for 17 December so I hope the "production" software will be available. Service department said they didn't know whether there were any more software updates available until they plug the car in!!