Good buy I3 Hello ID3

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
RDR

Post by RDR »

Hi all

Sealed the deal on an ID3 today, we've had a BEV as a run-around since 2015 having had two I3s since they were launched. We were going to order a Family but the dealer had some 1st's in stock ready to register and offered a decent deal - managed to get £9.5k off in total with all the incentives plus charger and full rubber mats chucked in. It's being PDI'd Monday and delivered Wednesday.

looking forward to the change over the BMW.

rthomps7

Post by rthomps7 »

Are you prepared to share the dealer contact that gave you £9500 discount ? They could have another sale - from me.
pdk42

Post by pdk42 »

I recently got a great deal on a Family spec from Listers in Leamington. Ask for Roger Godfrey - he knows what he's talking about (which is not common when you're talking EVs!).
rthomps7

Post by rthomps7 »

Thanks. I had a positive conversation with Roger. You might have saved me some money. Appreciated.
RDR

Post by RDR »

I started with Carwow and my local Mansfield dealer offered me the deal.
F11_MWG

Post by F11_MWG »

I got £9,000 total discount on a 1st Edition... (£30,500 inc paint) should have tried harder by the looks of this thread but they only had one left in manganese grey and I didn't want any other colour and I didn't want to travel away from my local dealer.
RDR

Post by RDR »

quick update

Collected the car this morning, so far so good. User interface is a bit laggy at times and the ID3 app is giving me no info on the car at all just a picture of it.

One question, i wanted to take a look at the manual but when i go the manual section on VW website it doesn't recognise the VIN anyone else had this problem?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

The We Connect ID app only really gives you a couple of things at the moment - start/stop charging and look at the charge level, and start/stop the AC. That assumes you have paired the car with the app?

The manuals website should recognise your VIN and your registration in a couple of days or so - you should have the paper version though.
RDR

Post by RDR »

Thanks the app seems to be paired i went through the activation process using the QR code on the cars screen.

The app offers no information on charge status and when I try the ac setting it just times out.

I might try reactivating tomorrow it all seems really sketchy.
talaipwros

Post by talaipwros »

RDR wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:34 pm quick update

Collected the car this morning, so far so good. User interface is a bit laggy at times and the ID3 app is giving me no info on the car at all just a picture of it.

One question, i wanted to take a look at the manual but when i go the manual section on VW website it doesn't recognise the VIN anyone else had this problem?
manual should be in the glovebox
Deleted User 192

RDR wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:56 pm
The app offers no information on charge status and when I try the ac setting it just times out.

I might try reactivating tomorrow it all seems really sketchy.

You don’t see the battery % and range on the first page, or the option to start/stop charging on the second page? That’s all I meant...

The AC control seems very sensitive to the eSIM signal that the car has when you send the request, it does work on mine.
RDR

Post by RDR »

I think somethings wrong with mine the apps home
screen is blank and when I click customise none of the options do anything.

None of the screens tell me the charge status of the car. In fact there is no functionality in the app that I can see anywhere hmmm
Deleted User 192

I would delete and reinstall the app, log back into the app with the same account, it should remember that you had your car paired.

Customise doesn’t do anything useful yet, there’s only 2 widgets available anyway (charge level and air conditioning).
RDR

Post by RDR »

Thanks I deleted the app but still the same I noticed when I go into settings that charging and air conditioning are unavailable. Is this normal?

4DECDDE8-DBC5-43FC-B9F6-601F5FECA5E2.png

Deleted User 192

So it looks like you’ve got into the Car part of the app, into Settings, and then to Mobile online services

What do you see if you go two screens back from there? (If you pressed the < on the screen once then once again) Do you see the car in the Car part of the app and the Home part of the app?

If you go and sit in your car, with it in online mode, do you have a strong signal shown in the upper part of the left-side panel?
RDR

Post by RDR »

Thanks for the response, if i hop back to the car screen i see an avatar of my car but nothing about range or battery status and Air con option doesn't do anything. Reception in the car is full bars and we have been driving it around today where i checked it a few times still the same. Also loaded the app on my better halfs iPhone and its the same.

here's the screen

IMG_5120.jpeg

Deleted User 192

Something definitely isn’t right there then, I would ask your dealer if they can help - you can also send a help/feedback email from the Profile part of the app.
Coopear

Post by Coopear »

You should be able to see charge progress on the app by looking at the vehicle menu (the car icon on the bottom ribbon). When it’s charging it will tell you how long until reachng the target charge.
lm7693

Post by lm7693 »

Have you received an email from Volkswagen confirming that your online services have been activated? My app looked the same as yours until about 4 weeks after I got the car. I then received an email from Volkswagen telling me my online services had been activated, and the App started to work. The satnav started displaying traffic information at the same time.
ID. 3 1st Edition v3.2 Sept 2020
ID. 4 1st Edition v3.2 April 2021
VW ID. Charger Pro
NorwichComputersAndy

Post by NorwichComputersAndy »

RDR wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:45 pm Thanks for the response, if i hop back to the car screen i see an avatar of my car but nothing about range or battery status and Air con option doesn't do anything. Reception in the car is full bars and we have been driving it around today where i checked it a few times still the same. Also loaded the app on my better halfs iPhone and its the same.

here's the screen

IMG_5120.jpeg
Mine did the same a couple of weeks ago - resolved itself the next day though.

Feels like another ID quirk. Did you get it resolved?